Listen to Michael Caine very closely at the ending.(Airport)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
When Michael Caine's character welcomes Cobb back at the airport it sounds like he says "Welcome."

However, on my second watch of the movie it is clear that he says "You're Welcome". The you're is very very faint, but it is definitely there.

I think this solidifies the idea that Michael Caine all along hired Ariadne to perform an inception on Cobb while he performed the inception on Fisher. (Obviously her inception being that Mol was not real anymore and that he could let her go).

In addition to this, we see every person involved in the situation look at Cobb and sort of smile. But they say nothing to him. People may think that they all know they did a good job on Fisher, but I truly think it is because they all know they were successful with Cobb.

Now whether or not the top fell or not, is a completely different subject. But the bottom line is that in the end he was able to see his kid's faces again, which doesn't really matter when it comes down to reality vs. dream. That was all he needed.

In my opinion though, there is no doubt in my mind that Caine's character hired Ariadne to perform an inception on Cobb.

a very interesting way of looking at it.....u probably might be right :)

While I don't think there's enough evidence to support this, I really like it. Maybe on my rewatch (today most likely) I'll pick up a couple things to reinforce this idea.

I think it's really neat!

xSeanZx wrote:When Michael Caine's character welcomes Cobb back at the airport it sounds like he says "Welcome."

However, on my second watch of the movie it is clear that he says "You're Welcome". The you're is very very faint, but it is definitely there.

I think this solidifies the idea that Michael Caine all along hired Ariadne to perform an inception on Cobb while he performed the inception on Fisher. (Obviously her inception being that Mol was not real anymore and that he could let her go).

In addition to this, we see every person involved in the situation look at Cobb and sort of smile. But they say nothing to him. People may think that they all know they did a good job on Fisher, but I truly think it is because they all know they were successful with Cobb.

Now whether or not the top fell or not, is a completely different subject. But the bottom line is that in the end he was able to see his kid's faces again, which doesn't really matter when it comes down to reality vs. dream. That was all he needed.

In my opinion though, there is no doubt in my mind that Caine's character hired Ariadne to perform an inception on Cobb.
its entirely plausible, 2 inceptions in 1 job (actually is 3, the 3rd is for us, the audience :JGLface: )

however first we must confirm that Caine did said "you're welcome" :mrgreen:

Yea, I had the same theory that Ariadne was the one who was doing the true inception yet I didn't hear Miles say "you're welcome."

:lol: That's because Miles didn't say "you're welcome"

I really like this idea. Maybe she talks to Michael after she leaves the warehouse (after her first encounter with Mal).

paladinryan wrote:I really like this idea. Maybe she talks to Michael after she leaves the warehouse (after her first encounter with Mal).
and she came back pretending to be fascinated but had a secret plan to help Cobb? sounds nice :mrgreen:

As much as I like the idea, I don't think what Ariadne did was technically inception. The whole point of inception is to plant an idea so subtly that the target thinks he thought of the idea by himself.

For example in Fischer's case the team showed him that his father loved him and wanted for him to be his own person; this led to Fischer having the idea of breaking up his father's business empire. For Ariadne however, she basically forced Cobbs to confront his guilt and let it go. She bluntly tells him that it was never his fault and he should stop obsessing over Mal. It wasn't really an "idea" or anything, more of Ariadne being a concerned friend.

Extractor wrote::lol: That's because Miles didn't say "you're welcome"
Go listen again VERY closely.

Do you think it is coincidence that Dileep Rao said to LISTEN to the last scene rather than watch it?

Trust me. It's hard to hear. But go back and pay attention. You will be surprised.