What was your favorite scene from inception?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
This is a hard question to answer when you feel the whole darn movie is your favorite scene! But, I'll try to break it down...

For instance, I like to talk set-piece. In this movie, there are several "set-pieces", which I define as long stretches of pure development of a certain section of a move, with the key being that it's fully developed, and not just a couple of good ideas.

The first set-piece for me is the dream tutorial scene where you get the fractals of cups and boxes breaking around the Cafe Debussy, then the city folding on top, and then the hall of mirrors that Ariadne creates and then destroys.

The next great set-piece is... let me stop - this whole movie is so great, let me just think of one scene - like you asked for!!!

Okay, it's the final scene with the top spinning/wabbling, because it brings the entire picture together full circle in terms of visually capturing Nolan's intention of a purposefully ambiguous film, in which Cobb has overcome his regret and has not looked back at the top, and instead goes to his children - which is the whole point! Not, that the audience wants to know if it's still spinning or it falls - this whole debate is just a fringe benefit of a beautifully complex film!

inception was a movie that broke my favoritism of dark knight...all the scenes were not only stylish and breathtaking ,they were also highly meaningful ....

one scene that made me kind of emotional was
fischer jr. taking out the windmill toy he made out of his dads safe

some of the things i liked,but i didn see in this thread
1-saito style
Arthur: It would have to be a 747.
Cobb: Why is that?
Arthur: Because in a 747, the pilot's up top, and the first class cabin's in the nose, so no one would walk through. But you'd have to buy out the entire cabin. And the first class flight attendant...
Saito: I bought the airline.
[Everybody turns and stares at him. Saito just shrugs]
Saito: It seemed neater.

2-cobb spinning the top inside the safe [incepting mal]..

3-eames' one liners throughout the movie were fun...

Car chase and downtown shootout
Why you lurking my page brah?

1: The old guy in Mombasa saying the dream has become their reality then pokes at Cobb "Who are you to say otherwise?!" :lol:
2: When Yusef yells and then the van starts rolling down the hill (intense) :o
3: Cobb saying goodbye to Mal "I miss you more than I can bear, but we had our time together. And now I have to let go." (moving) :(

Rob
Dream Thief wrote: 3: Cobb saying goodbye to Mal "I miss you more than I can bear, but we had our time together. And now I have to let go." (moving) :(
I wonder how anyone can say that this movie lacks emotion?! :shifty:

Rob wrote:
Dream Thief wrote: 3: Cobb saying goodbye to Mal "I miss you more than I can bear, but we had our time together. And now I have to let go." (moving) :(
I wonder how anyone can say that this movie lacks emotion?! :shifty:
Exactly, there are those who think its just an action film with many flashy effects. But it's so, SO much more more than that. :)

I was extraordinarily emotionally invested into Inception, I honestly don't get how anyone couldn't be.

For me, it's when Cobb walks though the cityscape with Ariadne and talks about Mal, expalining how they spent years there, that they had become "old souls" together. It's the part I love the most, those words really resonated with me.

The final scene is amazing. It made me cry like the first five times I saw it just because it was SO. PERFECT.

Every time I see it I have to watch that scene twice. It's perfect. The music is beautiful. I love how they all kind of give each other 'knowing looks' like how it's their last job and they all just kind of smirk at Cobb. I love how Fischer kind of does a double take, 'should I know this man?' I love when Cobb sees his kids and leaves the top, he just doesn't care anymore. And then... the top is spinning... and BLACK. INCEPTION. And the awesome guitar music comes in during the credits... it's perfect. My reaction in the theatre was probably hilarious... I kind of just sat there with my jaw dropped for a while. :o

And agreed about the emotion in the film... I had a stronger emotional reaction to this than any other 2010 movie besides Toy Story 3. Plus I was super freaked out by Mal the first time seeing it in theaters... it's criminal she wasnt nominated for supporting actress!
Last edited by ballet_ag on March 22nd, 2011, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ballet_ag wrote:The music is beautiful.
Tell me about it...

:clap: :clap: :clap: