User Review: Inception -- by Sallygucha

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
sallygucha wrote:
quite contrarian wrote:I really don't think she's a troll. Like I said earlier, she has some valid points and legit criticisms. A 6/10 seems low to me but she said she would consider moving it up after she thought about it more. The same thing happened with me.
I'm trying to change my score but I can't find the edit button.
I think you can only edit for the first half hour. Just post the changed score.

theweatherman wrote:
RIFA wrote:
sallygucha wrote:Calling me a douche has nothing to do with commenting on my reason, review, and motives.
LOL.... show me where did I call you a douche? :lol:
this guy's such a douche giving 6/10 just for the score

If you read again my statement I was pointing out that if a CRITIC would have wrote the same review you would all say "This guy is such a douche" ... that has nothing to do with calling her a douche which I didn't... So... I did not insult her, call her a douche or whatever.. I was pointing out something else..

People react different on the same content because of the person who says it.
If a critic says "this movie sucks" you would hate him and bash him.
If a nolanfans user says "this movie sucks" your taking sides and your reaction is "he's entitled to his opinion"...

This is a difference which rejects the sense of "equality". The ignorant thing is that people cheer for equality and want it but at the same time they don't do nothing to get it because they take sides.

The same was here, I was pointed as the "douche" because I bashed her review. Why? because she's a nolanfan user. If she was just a NY critic and I would have said the same things and bash her review... nobody would care and prolly other guys here would bash it too. My point is made: covering her up just because she's a nolanfan user and I should praise her it's not what I believe equality is about. I don't believe in this type of reasoning.

UPDATE: Due to the rapidly growing virus - which is Inception, wreaking havoc in my mind, I have decided to bump up my score: 7.5/10. I will see it again in IMAX and see how it holds up a second time.

sallygucha wrote:For some reason, Nolan has gone from the 'less is more' approach he used in Memento to the 'more is more is more' approach he is now utilizing in his last two big films.
Runtime is definitely a concern for me after TDK, but I didn't think BB was too long (it has plenty of other issues haha). I'm hoping that Inception will need a bit more time to introduce the characters than TDK did since it's not a sequel, so hopefully the runtime will work better for me. But I am skeptical about it for sure. The crazy thing is the Godfather parts I and II are probably my two favorite films ever. There's something to be said for having a more drawn out pace instead of a break neck pace like in TDK. I don't mind long films, but I don't particularly want 2.5 hours of nothing but break neck pace.
Last edited by redfirebird2008 on July 13th, 2010, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

sallygucha wrote:UPDATE: Due to the rapidly growing virus - which is Inception, wreaking havoc in my mind, I have decided to bump up my score: 7.5/10. I will see it again in IMAX and see how it holds up a second time.
Hooray! :clap:
If I've gotten anything out of this thread, it's that I will think a good long time before posting my rating here.
It seems to feed on the mind and alter decisions...

redfirebird2008 wrote:
sallygucha wrote:For some reason, Nolan has gone from the 'less is more' approach he used in Memento to the 'more is more is more' approach he is now utilizing in his last two big films.
Runtime is definitely a concern for me after TDK, but I didn't think BB was too long (it has plenty of other issues haha). I'm hoping that Inception will need a bit more time to introduce the characters than TDK did since it's not a sequel, so hopefully the runtime will work better for me. But I am skeptical about it for sure. The crazy thing is I the Godfather I and II are probably my two favorite films ever. There's something to be said for having a more drawn out pace instead of a break neck pace like in TDK.
Its hard for me to understand the complaints about runtime. I found every bit of the Dark Knight to be engaging and enlightening.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Runtime is definitely a concern for me after TDK, but I didn't think BB was too long (it has plenty of other issues haha). I'm hoping that Inception will need a bit more time to introduce the characters than TDK did since it's not a sequel, so hopefully the runtime will work better for me. But I am skeptical about it for sure. The crazy thing is I the Godfather I and II are probably my two favorite films ever. There's something to be said for having a more drawn out pace instead of a break neck pace like in TDK.
Surprisingly Inception's runtime felt just right. But the third act was entirely confusing to me. I did not know what was going on and why certain characters were doing what they were doing.

sallygucha wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Surprisingly Inception's runtime felt just right. But the third act was entirely confusing to me. I did not know what was going on and why certain characters were doing what they were doing.
Ask me, in spoiler tags of course. I'll do my best to explain from what I got out of it.

i never had problems with the runtime of nolan's film so far. i think less than 2 hours would be a big mistake for a film like this. i want proper introduction of the characters and story. this needs time...

theweatherman wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Its hard for me to understand the complaints about runtime. I found every bit of the Dark Knight to be engaging and enlightening.
It was great the first time through, except I knew I hated the sonar crap right off the bat. During repeat viewings the pace and length of the film didn't really work well for me. It's different for everyone. For me I prefer my longer films to have more breathing room instead of just 100 mph the entire time.