DO NOT go to Box Office Mojo's forums right now

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
For those of you (redfirebird2008 and Jesus of Suburbia ;) ) who check out box office forums, there's a troll continually posting Inception spoilers in his thread titles and the mods who frequent the boards the most don't have the power to ban him.

Just as a warning. :JGLface:

Anita18 wrote:For those of you (redfirebird2008 and Jesus of Suburbia ;) ) who check out box office forums, there's a troll continually posting Inception spoilers in his thread titles and the mods who frequent the boards the most don't have the power to ban him.

Just as a warning. :JGLface:
i know, as soon as i saw a post, i closed my tab in my firefox..

I'm terrified they will register here and start posting spoilers since this place seems an obvious target. I wish we could close registeration until Friday. I mean they hit up IMDB and now Box Office Mojo's forums with spoilers already..they have no conscious.

:o

quite contrarian wrote:I'm terrified they will register here and start posting spoilers since this place seems an obvious target. I wish we could close registeration until Friday. I mean they hit up IMDB and now Box Office Mojo's forums with spoilers already..they have no conscious.
maybe the administration will consider such a move?

Already saw it and hugely pissed about it. I was told the other day by a moderator that BOM cannot IP ban people. This asshole has been trolling the hell out of the Inception threads on there for months. Each time he gets banned, he simply creates a new name and starts the trolling again. I knew as soon as he signed up under that name a few days ago that it was him. Unfortunately BOM doesn't have an Ignore User feature. I would have ignored the prick already if they had this feature. The reason he started posting spoilers is that a few posters were very adamant about the need for everyone to NOT post spoilers. I suspect he went on IMDB and copy/pasted the spoilers from there.

I also suspect that he works for Sony. Just a hunch based on his posts.
Last edited by redfirebird2008 on July 11th, 2010, 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quite contrarian wrote:I'm terrified they will register here and start posting spoilers since this place seems an obvious target. I wish we could close registeration until Friday. I mean they hit up IMDB and now Box Office Mojo's forums with spoilers already..they have no conscious.
Well, it's not exactly the actions of a "bad person" but it's still a douche move, I agree. Especially when you go out of your way to do it. :lol:

Christopher Nolan wrote:
maybe the administration will consider such a move?

I hope so. Look how many guests we have on now, around 58. Anyone of these people can be this prick ready to register and flame us with spoilers. It's just a matter of time before he finds out about this place.

Is it possible to stop registration till Friday? I'm worried that spoilers will be posted here too.

redfirebird2008 wrote:Already saw it and hugely pissed about it. I was told the other day by a moderator that BOM cannot IP ban people. This asshole has been trolling the hell out of the Inception threads on there for months. Each time he gets banned, he simply creates a new name and starts the trolling again. I knew as soon as he signed up under that name a few days ago that it was him. Unfortunately BOM doesn't have an Ignore User feature. I would have ignored the prick already if they had this feature. The reason he started posting spoilers is that a few posters were very adamant about the need for everyone to NOT post spoilers. I suspect he went on IMDB and copy/pasted the spoilers from there.

I also suspect that he works for Sony. Just a hunch based on his posts.
Hahaha, a Sony mole. Hilarious.

Judging by what I've read in the reviews, it doesn't seem like the spoilers he's posting are necessarily true. But...whatever. I remember we got the entire plot of TDK back in January of 2008 and every word of it turned out to be true, but I had forgotten about it by the time the movie came out and was able to enjoy it nonetheless.

Well, I'm normally a spoiler whore, but I had honestly and truly forgotten about that synopsis we got. :lol: