Dumb 'Tea Party' Junkies already hate Inception.

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Oh well, they're just punishing themselves. They don't deserve to see it.

Let me start by saying that I am a Tea Party junkie. Conservative until the day I die. Always have been, always will be.
So it goes without saying that I don't like when Liberal actors & actresses open their mouths and spew their views to the general public. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but if you're in the film industry, could you please keep it to yourself while you're promoting a movie? Especially a Christopher Nolan movie. He never discusses where he stands politically, and though some have argued his films can be political, he doesn't use them as a vehicle to uphold either party. That being said, I am a little down that these three did open their mouths. But unlike the commenters on the article, I am still just as psyched to see this film. I'm not going to, "punish", so to speak, Christopher Nolan by not seeing this masterpiece because some of the stars disappointed me in an interview. I have chosen not to see certain movies in the past because I didn't like the stars' political stances, and I didn't feel like supporting them. But come on, fellas. This is Christopher Freaking Nolan. You're not going to find anyone like him in the film industry. Such genius, passion, intelligence doesn't come along often. Don't miss out on this gem because of something an actor said...

I will now dismount my soapbox.
Last edited by Dreamette on July 10th, 2010, 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quite contrarian wrote:Oh well, they're just punishing themselves. They don't deserve to see it.
One of the bloody fools said Memento is his favorite thriller and he was going to see Inception until this interview came out. Pretty funny stuff. No way in hell I'm robbing myself of seeing those insane visual effects on a gigantic IMAX screen. :lol:

I could care less when people talk about their political opinions. That's why its called acting, they aren't playing themselves.

chee wrote:I could care less when people talk about their political opinions. That's why its called acting, they aren't playing themselves.
Exactly! The fact that people will boycott a movie just because of what a few actors say is absolutely stupid! These people are missing out on a great movie all because their views get in the way. And in all honesty, why do people even care about the political views of famous people? It doesn't effect them. Just mind your own business.

What a bunch of 24/7 Applying-cheese & Cream-on-bagel-eaters these people are. Who cares if they go watch Inception or not INCEPTION will make crazy money.

Rohan wrote:Who cares if they go to watch Inception or not INCEPTION will make crazy money.
I sincerely hope so. Inception, more than any other film so far this year, will deserve it.

chee wrote:I could care less when people talk about their political opinions. That's why its called acting, they aren't playing themselves.
No, but people only listen to what they have to say because of their acting. I tune into Leno to hear people talk about their new projects, not to hear an actor insult my opinions. There is a time and place for everything, and most celebrates don't seem to understand when that time and place is.
Last edited by Fallglimmer05 on July 10th, 2010, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamette wrote:
Rohan wrote:Who cares if they go to watch Inception or not INCEPTION will make crazy money.
I sincerely hope so. Inception, more than any other film so far this year, will deserve it.
Live action film perhaps. Tough to top Toy Story, though admittedly I am biased to live action stuff since I think it's harder to pull off a great live action flick compared to a great animated flick. There are more unknown elements to it that are outside the control of the filmmakers. You can't control whether the building explodes the way you want it to, which apparently they did have problems with this while filming the mountain scene in Inception.

Fallglimmer05 wrote:
No, but people only listen to what they have to say because of their acting. I tune into Leno to hear people talk about their new projects, not to be hear an actor insult my opinions. There is a time and place for everything, and most celebrates don't seem to understand when that time and place is.
I just don't think that when a person becomes famous their not allowed to share their political opinions any more. I talk about mine all the time and I don't give a rat's butt if I insult someone's opinions, me stating my opinions is no different than an actor stating theirs.