The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

What does the Deadline article say? I can't get the stupid page to load on any browser :(

Sara wrote:What does the Deadline article say? I can't get the stupid page to load on any browser :(
"I'm often quoted in the press talking about visual effects like an actress talks about her use of botox... I know visual effects people pride themselves on doing the impossible. I'd just like to encourage you to say no to the unreasonable," Chris Nolan receiving the inaugural Visual Effects Society's Visionary Award last night.

Dark Nolan wrote:
Sara wrote:What does the Deadline article say? I can't get the stupid page to load on any browser :(
"I'm often quoted in the press talking about visual effects like an actress talks about her use of botox... I know visual effects people pride themselves on doing the impossible. I'd just like to encourage you to say no to the unreasonable," Chris Nolan receiving the inaugural Visual Effects Society's Visionary Award last night.
I love Chris Nolan :D

"Francis Ford Coppola, it turns out, can be pretty funny when he's not at all trying to be. At last week's DGA Awards, Vulture asked the legend what he thought of the directors behind this year's top films. "They're all men. They're all white." Anything else? "There are a lot of very talented guys here. David O. Russell has made four remarkable films in a row. Christopher Nolan, with films like Memento, is dazzling in the things he is willing to do." And The Dark Knight, we offered. "Dark Knight is not one of them. Memento is."

I'm not sure if that's an insult....

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... s.html#%20

cooldued wrote:"Francis Ford Coppola, it turns out, can be pretty funny when he's not at all trying to be. At last week's DGA Awards, Vulture asked the legend what he thought of the directors behind this year's top films. "They're all men. They're all white." Anything else? "There are a lot of very talented guys here. David O. Russell has made four remarkable films in a row. Christopher Nolan, with films like Memento, is dazzling in the things he is willing to do." And The Dark Knight, we offered. "Dark Knight is not one of them. Memento is."

It's definitely an insult. But the guy who made Godfather, Godfather II, and Apocalypse Now can say whatever he wants if you ask me. :lol:

redfirebird2008 wrote:
cooldued wrote:"Francis Ford Coppola, it turns out, can be pretty funny when he's not at all trying to be. At last week's DGA Awards, Vulture asked the legend what he thought of the directors behind this year's top films. "They're all men. They're all white." Anything else? "There are a lot of very talented guys here. David O. Russell has made four remarkable films in a row. Christopher Nolan, with films like Memento, is dazzling in the things he is willing to do." And The Dark Knight, we offered. "Dark Knight is not one of them. Memento is."

It's definitely an insult. But the guy who made Godfather, Godfather II, and Apocalypse Now can say whatever he wants if you ask me. :lol:
But the guy who made Godfather III and Jack should shut up, if you ask me. ;)
"Chase your reality." - Christopher Nolan

redfirebird2008 wrote:

Really? All his films since then have been infamously terrible.

Vader182 wrote:
Really? All his films since then have been infamously terrible.

Godfather III and Dracula are good. Everything else? Not so much.