Inception -Movie Novel

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
The shooting script is way better for this. There's wayyyy too much action for a book and it happens waaaay too fast over waaay too short period of time. In order to adapt the Inception material into a book Nolan (or whoever dares to write it) has to add a lot and I mean a LOT of background and things that are missing or only hinted about in the movie, which would spoil the structure.

I don't see how a novel cold smoothly pull off the final shot.

I was expecting a movie novel about "THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON", but they didn't came up with it. Instead a script book was released. So, same with Inception now. Since a shooting script is officially released, I don't think there should be any novel for the movie. It's just too much.

Rohan wrote:I was expecting a movie novel about "THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON", but they didn't came up with it. Instead a script book was released. So, same with Inception now. Since a shooting script is officially released, I don't think there should be any novel for the movie. It's just too much.
Uhm isn't that movie already based on a short storry written by... somebody, i dunno.

prince0gotham wrote:
Rohan wrote:I was expecting a movie novel about "THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON", but they didn't came up with it. Instead a script book was released. So, same with Inception now. Since a shooting script is officially released, I don't think there should be any novel for the movie. It's just too much.
Uhm isn't that movie already based on a short storry written by... somebody, i dunno.
Yes, the short story of the same name was written by F. Scott Fitzgerald in 1922.

I think nothing good would come out of a book based on a movie based on a short story. Sounds a bit like those Spiderman books written about the last three movies. Well I'm not sure but there was a book about Spiderman 1 which I dared to touch and it was laughable. No I'm not comparing TCCOBB to a superhero movie/book but I just doubt it'll work. I mean at least if the movie wasn't in between, if the book was based on the story directly or something like that. If there was no movie there would be more freedom for the book. Now there's a movie and the book should NOT follow the movie strictly (because if it does it would be just a written down version of the movie and one shouldn't bother to read it instead of just seeing the movie), but it shouldn't strafe away too much either because fans of the movie would BOOO. Nothing good comes out of something like this when a writer is facing similar choices.

Rob
Eternalist wrote:I go to movies to escape literacy.
Really? That's sad.

Eternalist wrote:I go to movies to escape literacy.
In Soviet Russia, literacy escapes you