Inception Review Discussion (240 total)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I'm gonna stop worrying about these reviews for a while, maybe come back to them in two weeks or so.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I'm amazed by the sheer dedication of the guys who post reviews on this thread. You guys are incredible! Respect. :-)

apw

I don't have the link, but the New York Times didn't like it very much at all :( These reviews are just making me depressed lol

chakra54 wrote:I don't have the link, but the New York Times didn't like it very much at all :( These reviews are just making me depressed lol
Me too, but there are so many more positive reviews than negatives, but they tend to stick out more than the positive ones. I'm trying to think positively. Nolan has never disappointed me, and I know tonight is going to be sure movie bliss. Negative critics won't bring me down!

ny times critic
But though there is a lot to see in “Inception,” there is nothing that counts as genuine vision. Mr. Nolan’s idea of the mind is too literal, too logical, too rule-bound to allow the full measure of madness — the risk of real confusion, of delirium, of ineffable ambiguity — that this subject requires. The unconscious, as Freud (and Hitchcock, and a lot of other great filmmakers) knew, is a supremely unruly place, a maze of inadmissible desires, scrambled secrets, jokes and fears. If Mr. Nolan can’t quite reach this place, that may be because his access is blocked by the very medium he deploys with such skill.

And the limitations of “Inception” may suggest the limits not only of this very talented director, but also of his chosen art form at this moment in its history. Our dreams feed the movies. The movies feed our dreams. But somehow, our imaginations are still hungry.
http://movies.nytimes.com/2010/07/16/mo ... gewanted=1