Inception early tracking vs salt

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Tracking is overrated. Far too many times I've seen movies over/under predicted. The success of Inception will mostly be based on it's WOM and repeat viewings.

Rashad28 wrote:Tracking is overrated. Far too many times I've seen movies over/under predicted. The success of Inception will mostly be based on it's WOM and repeat viewings.
Tracking for this summer has been really off, too. Everything is doing less than expected.

Tracking is almost always off...
@sammyjankis88

Everyone keeps mentioning that word of mouth is going to be what sells people on Inception. I completely agree which is why I am excitedly anticipating July 8th when the embargo is lifted and the internet is flooded with dozens and dozens of positive reports from Inception screenings.

theweatherman wrote:Everyone keeps mentioning that word of mouth is going to be what sells people on Inception. I completely agree which is why I am excitedly anticipating July 8th when the embargo is lifted and the internet is flooded with dozens and dozens of positive reports from Inception screenings.
is july 8th official? i know certain critics (such as roger ebert) still porbably won't post their reviews until a day or two before, but if enough positive reviews come out, that shouldn't be a problem.

Syncopy54 wrote:
theweatherman wrote:Everyone keeps mentioning that word of mouth is going to be what sells people on Inception. I completely agree which is why I am excitedly anticipating July 8th when the embargo is lifted and the internet is flooded with dozens and dozens of positive reports from Inception screenings.
is july 8th official? i know certain critics (such as roger ebert) still porbably won't post their reviews until a day or two before, but if enough positive reviews come out, that shouldn't be a problem.
One of the people who saw it mentioned the 8th as the end of the embargo and since another string of screenings is happening the 12th it doesn't seem out of the question.

"i said it often, word of mouth will be the most important thing about this movie. the start could be weak but then the movie needs to make cash..."

I believe this also but I don't see Inception doing too weak opening week. I still see it doing better than 50 million opening weekend domestic and I still see it turning in a profit. Seeing as Inception is getting pretty darn good early buzz I think it will do fine.

i don't think you guess should assume by one article that inception is going to under perform. i have read many articles who suggest the tracking will lead to an opening between 50-90 million. The movie at this point has an enormous buzz, and there is still three weeks till release. The most extraordinary box office where from unexpected movies (Avatar). So expect the unexpected

Inception is apparently sponsoring the season premiere of Rescue Me on FX. Here's another couple of screen-shots of the tweets from random people who are watching it. Inception is going to do better at the box-office than we think it is.
Last edited by Barrett on June 29th, 2010, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great "inside" ifo there man! nice job
{=}