"Inception": Critic Reviews thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
From twitter:

akstanwyck inception RT @joshuahorowitz: Ok, film will take a while to process. It's not the second coming but there's a lot of awesome to chew on. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

wow great find!
{=}

so what does that indicate???

cooldued wrote:so what does that indicate???
Indicates that it's not easily digestible in one viewing. She needs multiple viewings to fully assess it. Kind of a sign that the movie isn't straightforward despite Nolan's claims. To be honest, I had a similar reaction to Memento the first time I saw it. Lots of good things about it, but my appreciation for it grew a hell of a lot with repeat viewings.

EDIT: Looks like she was quoting Josh Horowitz's Twitter. He writes for MTV by the way. Not sure if she has seen it and was agreeing with him or if she was just quoting him. :think:
Last edited by redfirebird2008 on June 24th, 2010, 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

More:

davidfarrier inception: mr christopher nolan, you have officially outdone yourself. less than 20 seconds ago via web from Anaheim, CA
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Keep on looking through those tweets guys. The "It's not the second coming" sort of throws me off..I know I shouldn't overreact but I can't help it. Not like I was expecting it to be the second coming but just the way he structured it in the sentence..ehh I am definitely overthinking.

Speaking of outdoing yourself! great up to the second info, awesome job!
{=}

quite contrarian wrote:Keep on looking through those tweets guys. The "It's not the second coming" sort of throws me off..I know I shouldn't overreact but I can't help it. Not like I was expecting it to be the second coming but just the way he structured it in the sentence..ehh I am definitely overthinking.
Even if it is ZOMG amazing, you wouldn't know it immediately. I didn't know the Godfather was the best movie I'd ever seen the first time through. I just thought it was good. But the more I watched it, the more I appreciated it. Same goes for Memento. That movie went from a 8/10 the first time through to a 10/10 after a few more viewings. If the plot is complicated, there's no way in hell everyone is going to go "ZOMG BEST MOVIE EVER" after just one viewing. That's not how it works. Perhaps that's how it works with straightforward stuff like Batman, but not for something that's supposedly a mindfuck. Just my two cents.

Keep those tweets coming. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

filmaniaco RT @rsadovski: Inception em uma palavra: brilhante! less than a minute ago via web

Translation: Inception in one word: Brilliant!

edit: It seems their's several people tweeting the same exact thing so I don't know what that means.