Does Trailer #3 show too much info?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
and reading all the news articles/blogs.....

http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=1&n ... TQZbCiEf8M

I sort of agree with what the guy from Collider.com says
It was bound to happen eventually. A new trailer for Christopher Nolan’s Inception just went up online and it basically gives away the whole movie. There even a line Leonardo DiCaprio says that hints at how the film may twist in the third act. But there’s a lot of new footage and afterward, I wish I hadn’t seen it. There are so many cool shots and while I have no problem finding out about the basic premise or even general descriptions of the characters, I think this trailer gives too much away. When you cut and release a trailer like that, how does that not feel like you wasted a year on total secrecy?

I will say that they premiered the trailer in an interesting fashion by having it show up inside the Inception online game, Mind Crime [discovered by the good folks at Nolan Fans]. You will have to track down a movie theater inside the game and then walk into it. If you don’t have a problem with that, then head over to the website. Otherwise, I’m sure Warner Bros. will be releasing the trailer outside of the game in the near future.

Hit the jump to read the official synopsis (it doesn’t spoil the film). Inception hits theaters on July 16th.

it was necessary, cause inception is a big budget film and you need to get the attention of the ordinary movie goer and this happens the wy wb did it...

apw
It only reveals too much if you have already been following and looking at every piece of information about Inception.

For example, he mentions that Leo hints at the twist in the third act. Well if you hadn't read the article about a twist in the third act then it he wouldn't have even noticed Leo hinting at anything.

He has ruined it for himself by trying to find out as much as possible.

In my opinion it doesn't give so much away that you pretty much know how it will end. It only gives the basic plot with some other pieces of info.
I'm sure that Nolan himself saw the trailer over and over again before release to make sure that it doesn't give a lot away.
apw wrote:It only reveals too much if you have already been following and looking at every piece of information about Inception.

For example, he mentions that Leo hints at the twist in the third act. Well if you hadn't read the article about a twist in the third act then it he wouldn't have even noticed Leo hinting at anything.

He has ruined it for himself.
Agreed about that apw.

What I don't understand is why people think that they know the twist. I have a hard time believing that it is the main twist. I don't think Nolan would let the movie be spoiled after keeping it so secret for so long. I have faith that he still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Didn't someone who saw the 3 minutes of footage and then 12 minutes of the film say that we haven't seen anything yet? Plus the fact that they never even mentioned Ken's character in the final trailer means that the film has plenty more to offer besides what we saw.

Yeah I don't buy that the final twist is the classic "it was all just a dream" twist. That is just too simple for Nolan and it really wouldn't be much of a twist in movie all about dreams.

CrazyEight wrote:Didn't someone who saw the 3 minutes of footage and then 12 minutes of the film say that we haven't seen anything yet? Plus the fact that they never even mentioned Ken's character in the final trailer means that the film has plenty more to offer besides what we saw.
Interesting, in trailer 2, Marion's character never appeared but in trailer 3, Ken's character never appeared. Yet we see Tom Hardy with JGL, then I remember saw photo of Tom Hardy with Ken in the place where people using PASIV device (the Marocco scene?).

Agreeing with CrazyEight here. And I hate when people complain that they were spoiled when they saw the trailer... just fucking avoid the trailer goddamnit.

Its not like this is a Shutter Island trailer anyways.
@sammyjankis88

theweatherman wrote:Yeah I don't buy that the final twist is the classic "it was all just a dream" twist. That is just too simple for Nolan and it really wouldn't be much of a twist in movie all about dreams.
if Inception does have a twist like that
it'll be it was all a dream, and waking up was part of the dream so you are still in the dream