What do you wish for Chris to do, but what do you expect?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Mason wrote:
juliansplat4 wrote:On another note... I also want to see Nolan do something in the vein of The Shining. Cause, ya know, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 8-)
That could be something wonderful.
Stephen King is writing a sequel to Shining titled Dr. Sleep that's being released next year. It's following some vampires called The Tribe. Ugh. I'm not sure that's going to work out. I don't want Nolan to adapt that, though. I want Kubrick to adapt that.

Chris should make next Transformers movie. Bay has screwed it like Schumacher screwed Batman. Give it to Nolan I say.
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:Chris should make next Transformers movie. Bay has screwed it like Schumacher screwed Batman. Give it to Nolan I say.
That would be very interesting to see. I have no idea how many times people have said they've wanted a sci-fi from Nolan. How would Nolan handle a Transformers film?

Pratham wrote:Chris should make next Transformers movie. Bay has screwed it like Schumacher screwed Batman. Give it to Nolan I say.

No Nolan Transformer movies. It wont happen anyways. They never should have made a live action Transformers in the first place, it ruined the whole thing. Too bad. I think if Nolan ever does CBM after Batman (Aside from working with MOS) he should remake Watchman. Its the only comic book movie outside the Batman realm I could see him and his style working for.
Outside of CBM, I would love to see him make a 1984 (or maybe BNW) movie. I dont expect it, but I would love it

BlairCo wrote:
You do understand I wasn't serious, right?
gib sigs

Wish: The Man in the High Castle (Philip K. Dick)
-> reasons: noone else could get it greenlit by the big studios (pretty sure)
-> this sensible SF story needs extraordinarily gifted director! (no doubt in tems of Nolan!)

Expect: Original Material

A suspense thriller in the vein of something like Marathon Man but more psychological.

xxstefanx wrote:Wish: The Man in the High Castle (Philip K. Dick)
-> this sensible SF story needs extraordinarily gifted director! (no doubt in tems of Nolan!)

For The Man in the High Castle, I love the book, but I think it will need a very large budget. Then again TDKR's budget is, like, what is it again? IMDb says that the estimated budget is $250,000,000.

juliansplat4 wrote:
xxstefanx wrote:Wish: The Man in the High Castle (Philip K. Dick)

For The Man in the High Castle, I love the book, but I think it will need a very large budget. Then again TDKR's budget is, like, what is it again? IMDb says that the estimated budget is $250,000,000.
Agreed, very high budget!
And I love the book so much that I have it twice! :geek:

(Hopefully) Chris might be intrigued to adapt such a compelling and delicate story of alternative history for the big screen!
Definately a gifted and sensible director is needed for htis movie AND more: one with big reputation for persuading Warner to invest such a huge budget in such a delicate scenario!

Again, I think Nolan will tackle original material first, but in my heart I hope "The Man in the High Castle" gets made at least someday and who would be better than Nolan to direct?