Nolan and Horror

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Who would like to see Nolan tackle a horror film? What would you expect it to be like?
We've all heard that Inception was originally envisioned as a horror project (which would've been freaking cool).
Does Nolan have what it takes to make a high-quality horror film with pants-wetting scares? Possibly.
Would it be (comparatively) low-budget?

I would personally to love see how Nolan would handle a horror film. I would expect it to be more psychological in nature rather than a monster horror. That said, a Nolan film in the vein of Alien would be very, very interesting.
Do you... like pineapple?

If Nolan made a science-fiction horror thriller set in space with Naomi Watts, I'd be extremely pleased...

I'd love to see Nolan doing a psychological horror thriller, yeah. Mixed up with some sci-fi, that'd be even better. Though I wouldn't really like such a film taking place in space... I'd prefer something in the vein of Dan Simmon's horror short stories.

Mason wrote:If Nolan made a science-fiction horror thriller set in space with Naomi Watts, I'd be extremely pleased...
Only if she gets naked.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Mason wrote:If Nolan made a science-fiction horror thriller set in space with Naomi Watts, I'd be extremely pleased...
That would be fantastic. Added nudity too.
Do you... like pineapple?

I don't know how well Nolan could handle straight horror though, just from a purely tonal/stylistic level. TDK is terrifying enough.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
I don't know how well Nolan could handle straight horror though, just from a purely tonal/stylistic level. TDK is terrifying enough.
Right. But aside from horror, I could see him making some sort of dark thriller set in space, perhaps with enough tension to become horrifying in itself.

Mason wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Right. But aside from horror, I could see him making some sort of dark thriller set in space, perhaps with enough tension to become horrifying in itself.
:tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited:

Yeah. That's essentially my dream Nolan project. Have it start Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, and Naomi Watts and you'll have me going absolutely nuts. More nuts than I am for TDKR.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Mason wrote:

Yeah. That's essentially my dream Nolan project. Have it start Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, and Naomi Watts and you'll have me going absolutely nuts. More nuts than I am for TDKR.

-Vader
Damn, that'd be a superb cast. Craig is one of my top actors at the moment, I'm really into him, so seeing Craig in a Nolan project is always interesting. Especially an idea such as this.

I think if you add Oldman and Pearce into that list, maybe throwing in Cottilard, it'd be even grander.

Mason wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Damn, that'd be a superb cast. Craig is one of my top actors at the moment, I'm really into him, so seeing Craig in a Nolan project is always interesting. Especially an idea such as this.

I think if you add Oldman and Pearce into that list, maybe throwing in Cottilard, it'd be even grander.
Have Oldman play some kooky science guy and Cottilard as a naked alien/weird-being thing, I'll just have a heart attack, right there in the theater.

-Vader