Christopher Nolan For Making A Bond Movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Angier wrote:Please god say no.

Don't become a franchise director.

I would lose all interest in him.
He is in pre-production on Interstellar and producing Transcendence - both original films. Relax with the retared hyperbole, you'll' be there first in line and you love it like fat kid loves cake
@sammyjankis88

Asanty wrote:Dailymail?! Smells like BS....
The guy reporting has inside info on Bond property. Posted a lot correct scoops for Skyfall.
@sammyjankis88

What about Batman? That's a franchise.

wtf is a franchise director? I am not understanding, Just because its blockbuster movie so it brands him a franchise director?? Isn't Bond a character based on novel?? Nolan can do something very interesting with him just like he made 2 magicians (based on novel) so much interesting. I hope you guys do understand he can't keep on making original movies one after another??

He is making one original movie Interstellar, isn't this enough?? if he goes to make another blockbuster so what's wrong? It took him decade to crack Inception, years for Jonah to write Interstellar, he can't every time keep on making original movies everytime ffs.

Atleast don''t bitch about James Bond, its his dream, Bond movies have influenced him, its movies like Bond he wanted to direct from the beginning.

And dont even compare him with JJ Abrams or any other director, Nolan always brings something new something refreshing to the table unlike any other [blockbuster] director out there in the business, if you don't believe that then *In Bane's voice* why are you here?

Oh great. Another childish debate on what constitutes a *true* fan.

The Bond-series are famously producer driven. I'd prefer to see Nolan make movies where he has complete total control.

To me, Nolan is an auteur. That's why I compared him to J.J. Abrams. Abrams is completely impersonal, workmanlike hack. He's perfect to direct franchise movies. Nolan deserves better.

You don't really need someone of Nolan's caliber to direct a Bond-film. The best Bond-film (On Her Majesty's Secret Service) was directed by an editor who hadn't directed anything prior to that.

And what's the "Nolan can't make original movies always" argument about? I bet he has tons of original projects in a drawer somewhere. His wife has already talked about how he'd like to do westerns and horror movies. I'd much rather see those projects come to fruition.

And he is just 42 years old, those projects will also come to fruition, its his golden period right now, he wants to make blockbuster movies I don't think there is anything wrong with that, Spielberg made some blockbusters in golden his period and now he is back making his passion smaller projects, I hope the same for Nolan.

Insomniac wrote:Oh great. Another childish debate on what constitutes a *true* fan.

The Bond-series are famously producer driven. I'd prefer to see Nolan make movies where he has complete total control.

To me, Nolan is an auteur. That's why I compared him to J.J. Abrams. Abrams is completely impersonal, workmanlike hack. He's perfect to direct franchise movies. Nolan deserves better.

You don't really need someone of Nolan's caliber to direct a Bond-film. The best Bond-film (On Her Majesty's Secret Service) was directed by an editor who hadn't directed anything prior to that.

And what's the "Nolan can't make original movies always" argument about? I bet he has tons of original projects in a drawer somewhere. His wife has already talked about how he'd like to do westerns and horror movies. I'd much rather see those projects come to fruition.
You can be an auteur making a film within a franchise. It makes Nolan even more special that he made Batman within his style of filmmaking. There is lots of auteurs out there, only a handful practicing that on films done on a large scale though. Not to mention the whole author theory is kind of misunderstood. One can be an auteur/artist within a franchise, but its very rare in this marketplace and time, and it takes someone like Nolan to prove it.

I'd love to see his original projects come to fruition as well, but all in time. If he can balance making films like Interstellar and Man of Steel, then I'm a happy camper. Best of both worlds. We don't know what he might produce in coming years either. And as the person above noted, Nolan is in his 40's and I much rather see him doing these kinds of (awesome) epic films when he's young.
@sammyjankis88

Asanty wrote:Dailymail?! Smells like BS....
I don't think it's BS simply because this isn't really news. Nolan has said in the past that he's spoken with the Bond producers about possibly directing.

As for whether or not he should do one... This is clearly one of his dream projects. I'm all for it.

Jones wrote:

What about Batman? That's a franchise.
And make no mistake the first two were great and something new for the genre. With "Rises" it got tiresome and it was clear that he didn't have a good script. He could do whatever he wanted with "Inception" and "Rises" and perhaps not so surprisingly the most memorable thing about those movies were the technical aspects and not acting and story.

I know how a Bond movie directed by Nolan will go: The action prologue, the sleek suits, the skyscrapers, the obligatory snow set piece, the twist in the end. The same thing we've seen for the last 6 years. Nothing new. Nothing groundbreaking. Nothing that will turn his doubters into fans. And how many Bond movies have there been that are really, really great? Not many.
Robin wrote: He is in pre-production on Interstellar and producing Transcendence - both original films. Relax with the retared hyperbole, you'll' be there first in line and you love it like fat kid loves cake

And you'll be the first to complain about every critic and person not taking Nolan seriously and only taking him as a simple-minded blockbuster director who deliver cheap thrills.

Angier wrote:I know how a Bond movie directed by Nolan will go: The action prologue, the sleek suits, the skyscrapers, the obligatory snow set piece, the twist in the end. The same thing we've seen for the last 6 years. Nothing new. Nothing groundbreaking. Nothing that will turn his doubters into fans. And how many Bond movies have there been that are really, really great? Not many.

And you'll be the first to complain about every critic and person not taking Nolan seriously and only taking him as a simple-minded blockbuster director who deliver cheap thrills.
*applauds*

Yeah, Nolan directing Bond would be cliche, predictable and lazy.

I think Nolan could make movies like There Will Be Blood if he wanted to. It would be a shame if he just continued with franchise blockbusters forever and ever.

But why are we even arguing? He's going to have to turn this down. There's no way he'd sign on for another huge movie while prepping Interstellar. No way. When would he have to start shoot the Bond? Right after finishing with the post-production of Interstellar? Yeah, highly doubtful.