Christopher Nolan For Making A Bond Movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
DoubleD wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:It ain't happening anywhere soon...John Logan is writing the next two sequels and I can't imagine Nolan directing without having written his own story
Stranger things have happened
Nolan met Babs Broccoli & Michael G Wilson a few years ago didn't he!
I'm guessing the reason nothing came of it is maybe CN wanted total control of story, casting, final cut etc
BB & MW maybe couldn't allow that. The old creative differences story.

Fleece wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
Stranger things have happened
Nolan met Babs Broccoli & Michael G Wilson a few years ago didn't he!
I'm guessing the reason nothing came of it is maybe CN wanted total control of story, casting, final cut etc
BB & MW maybe couldn't allow that. The old creative differences story.
Or Nolan was busy making Batman movies and Inception.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Didn't see anyone posting this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... RfEowzS9tE

Pretty good actually :P
I really want Hardy for Bond but Fassy would be a really good backup plan!
Fassbender is the best actor I've seen in years. He's part German though.
Would the Bond die hards accept a part German in an iconic British role??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSji1peQSHw

Guys, I wanted to show you my attempt at a trailer for a Nolan-directed Bond. I know there have been a few trailers already for a Nolan-directed-007 with Fassbender, but I have had him pegged as Bond for much longer than that and I can't think of a better replacement for Craig (whom I love and I do not want replaced though haha) as of now.
I have tried to stay as close as possible to "the source" by using mainly Nolan footage (from TDK, TDKR and Inception) and Bond footage (from CR, Quantum and Skyfall), and then footage, for the most part, from Haywire and X-Men: First Class for the Fassbender shots (as he actually embodies different aspects of Bond in those two movies).
I have tried to keep it as coherent as possible by not using clips from movies where the action would be too over the top or unintelligible or shots that wouldn't be very Nolan-esque.

That being said, I hope you enjoy it.

I'm warming more and more to the idea of Nolan doing a Bond film now and getting it out of the way. I know we all don't like that idea here at NF, but let's be realistic. Nolan is an A-list director and you can bet even he was on a shortlist for Skyfall before Mendes was chosen, so we do have to consider the possibility that Nolan will be considered again.

We also have to realize that Nolan himself is a Bond fan, and if offered, he'll will probably jump to the occasion. This would honestly be a great thing because it will force Nolan to work with people he hasn't worked with before, it will push him outside his comfort zone, it will challenge him to work off of someone else's script, and we may well see the very first Bond film, maybe even 100% of the movie, shot with IMAX.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I dont mind Nolan doing a Bond film at all:-) I just hope he waits a little bit before he does it...only because everybody has been saturated with the Skyfall Bond trilogy:-) People might need a breather:-)

Cilogy wrote:maybe even 100% of the movie, shot with IMAX.
impossible at the moment.

Cilogy wrote:I'm warming more and more to the idea of Nolan doing a Bond film now and getting it out of the way. I know we all don't like that idea here at NF, but let's be realistic. Nolan is an A-list director and you can bet even he was on a shortlist for Skyfall before Mendes was chosen, so we do have to consider the possibility that Nolan will be considered again.

We also have to realize that Nolan himself is a Bond fan, and if offered, he'll will probably jump to the occasion. This would honestly be a great thing because it will force Nolan to work with people he hasn't worked with before, it will push him outside his comfort zone, it will challenge him to work off of someone else's script, and we may well see the very first Bond film, maybe even 100% of the movie, shot with IMAX.
You are right but I want Nolan to be the writer too, it wont feel Nolan movie without him writing, people may say whatever or cringe at few dialogues but I really love dialogues in his movies, especially Villains (Joker, Bane and Ra's) all had such memorable lines.

So yeah I will be gaga if it is Written and Directed by Christopher Nolan

Cilogy wrote:I'm warming more and more to the idea of Nolan doing a Bond film now and getting it out of the way. I know we all don't like that idea here at NF, but let's be realistic. Nolan is an A-list director and you can bet even he was on a shortlist for Skyfall before Mendes was chosen, so we do have to consider the possibility that Nolan will be considered again.

I was never against him directing a Bond movie, but I don't want him to concentrate on such a project now.

I prefer to see some more of original work before.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Yes. I hope he directs Bond 24. And he better shoot 70% of it in IMAX.