Who do you want to direct the next Batman Reboot

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
How come nobody has mentioned Wally Pfister?

http://screenrant.com/joe-manganiello-s ... nm-182958/

True Blood’s Joe Manganiello Talks ‘Man of Steel’ & ‘Batman’ Reboot

Joe Manganiello – best known for his role as the werewolf with a heart of gold on True Blood - previously expressed an interest in playing Superman in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel on more than one occasion. Alas, as we all know, the part eventually went to Henry Cavill instead.

Manganiello recently opened up about the reason he wasn’t cast in the role and his desire to play Batman in the inevitable reboot following The Dark Knight Rises.

On why he wasn’t chosen to play Superman, courtesy of Ain’t It Cool News:

“Well, I mean, the thing about Superman was it… I mean, I know the right one is out there for me… there wasn’t anything I could do with Superman. There was interest from every single possible angle on that project, and the reason they were interested was because of ‘True Blood.’ From the director, to casting, to the producers involved, it was all because of ‘True Blood,’ that was why I was in the running. And at the end of the day, it was ‘True Blood’s’ schedule that kept me from doing it. There’s just no human way possible I could be in two places at once when I’m contracted to be on ‘True Blood.’”

He went on to say he was particularly interested in exploring what would make an alien want to protect humanity, and that he believed he could’ve brought something new and interesting to the character.

While I think that Manganiello is pretty good in True Blood - or at least as good as one can be in a role that requires little more than growling, brooding, piercing looks, and taking off one’s shirt repeatedly – he doesn’t quite have “the look” most people would associate with Superman. While you might hate the fact that Snyder cast a British actor in the role of all-American Clark Kent, you’d be hard-pressed to argue that Cavill doesn’t very much look the part.

When asked whether or not he’d be interested in playing Batman in the forthcoming reboot – and Justice League film – Manganiello said:

“From your mouth to God’s ears, man. I mean of course, I grew up – as a kid, I read comic books and I watched every single comic book movie that ever… You know, I was a big sci-fi fan. I was just that kid. I’m a fanboy at heart. So, yeah, that is on my radar.”

I think we can interpret that as a “yes.”

What say you, Screen Ranters? Do you want to see Alcide from True Blood play Batman/Bruce Wayne in a future Batman or Justice League film? Drop us a line in the comments.

The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters July 20th, 2012. Man of Steel hits theaters June 14th, 2013. True Blood airs Sundays on HBO @9pm.

Jonathan Nolan?? :JGLface: :batface: :oldmanface: :clap: :clap: :goNF: :goNF: :thumbup: :thumbup:

i've said before, i'll say it again

Nicolas Winding Refn.

His movies are not naturalistic, always seem surreal, but unlike Burton's they grip you, and shift something inside your psychology

He is the perfect man for the job

PJ

Aronofsky or Fincher maybe.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:i've said before, i'll say it again

Nicolas Winding Refn.

His movies are not naturalistic, always seem surreal, but unlike Burton's they grip you, and shift something inside your psychology

Yes.

Rian Johnson?

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:i've said before, i'll say it again

Nicolas Winding Refn.

He'd do a great job, indeed. However, I'd like him to focus on more original projects, like Drive.

I've got a feeling that if there will be a reboot after all, it will have a bad director...

BlairCo wrote:Rian Johnson?
Ehhhhhh. He would probably be at the very bottom of the list of possible directors.