The next Batman should continue off Nolan's

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
just no

make something new with a different take on it.
@sammyjankis88

Lynn wrote:I get the feeling that TDKR will end in such a way to make a direct sequel kind of impossible. :P
That's exactly what u would think if u know Nolan ! :goNF:
Nolan's trilogy should best be left where he ends it. Building something on top of that...well, I feel that somehow its definitely not gonna fit

Why not just do the Dark Knight Returns. It's a completely different type of storytelling. Ah... no matter what happens, the reboot will undoubtedly disappoint to some extent... Nolan's just too damn good at his job.

Mr. Caine wrote:NO.Nolan's holy trilogy should remain untouched. :batface: :goNF:
well said mr. caine.

after THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, I'd like to see self-conclusive movies with another cast and not linked to Nolan's universe.

Trying to build over what Nolan did would only prove negative for those that try. They'll have more chance of success if they try to do something entirely separate. Unless they're just willing to use Nolan's name for commercial and advertising purposes, regardless if they achieve a good product.

kevcampbell wrote: so yes i hope this trilogy will get to rest and remain untouched like all the other great trilogy out there such as back to the future
Shhhhh!!!!!! What the hell are you doing! The studios are running in circles looking for classics to "reboot" and you just shout that out in the middle of the Internet for all to see? They already found poor Tron hiding out in the Cave of Cult Classics and they're closing in on Blade Runner. Us BttF fans need to keep a low profile. We are easy prey for Remake Mania.

Don't screw this up for us. :evil:

Nicole wrote:I think that the next 'Batman' should be a television show like on HBO. Except that it should use or have inspiration from Nolan's dark and realistic (and not to forget wonderful) trilogy. But be unique in it's own way.
THIS :twothumbsup:

I kind of hope it can start like the '89 Batman, just mention the origin but not show it front-to-back.
That way we don't need to go over the origin story again and can add the more supernatural elements of the Batman myth into the movie. I won't say not to reuse the same villians though, because I'm a strong believer that the story writes the characters: if the story calls for it, then go ahead.

All in all, I don't think the next Batman should continue off Nolan's.
Because no matter how I see it, I can't imagine Nolan's Batman working with others. If they want to bring in Robin or include Batman in a future Justice League movie, they've got to choose a different personality for Batman. And I'm not talking about Bruce Wayne's personality here but Batman's (Nolan's real-Bruce Wayne is actually much nicer and way easier to work with than most serious incarnations, it's just that this nice person always vanishes after putting on the mask).
Cold or emotionally-isolated, one can work with...but only after much getting use to.
Downright animalistic? Not so much.

fakescorpion wrote:I kind of hope it can start like the '89 Batman, just mention the origin but not show it front-to-back.
That way we don't need to go over the origin story again and can add the more supernatural elements of the Batman myth into the movie. I won't say not to reuse the same villians though, because I'm a strong believer that the story writes the characters: if the story calls for it, then go ahead.

All in all, I don't think the next Batman should continue off Nolan's.
Because no matter how I see it, I can't imagine Nolan's Batman working with others. If they want to bring in Robin or include Batman in a future Justice League movie, they've got to choose a different personality for Batman. And I'm not talking about Bruce Wayne's personality here but Batman's (Nolan's real-Bruce Wayne is actually much nicer and way easier to work with than most serious incarnations, it's just that this nice person always vanishes after putting on the mask).
Cold or emotionally-isolated, one can work with...but only after much getting use to.
Downright animalistic? Not so much.
If the next Batman continues off of Nolan's, they're going to run out of plausible villains rather quickly. I suppose you could create a very scaled down version of each character, but I think the treatment would get old.

Take Killer Croc. The most interesting thing about him is that he's a giant crocodile man. If you make that more realistic, he'd be an assassin with a skin condition, and that's it. *yawn* I guess there are still characters you could use like Black Mask, Deadshot, or even the Penguin if you do it right. But yeah.

The real key would be trying to determine how much later in the Bat timeline the story is set. Do we start off in Batman '89 again, age wise, where, conceivably, Robin is about 12? I'm not sure.

Mr. Caine wrote:NO.Nolan's holy trilogy should remain untouched. :batface: :goNF:
This.

I mean seriously. No matter who comes along and tries their hand at making decent Batman movie, there not gonna be able to live up to what Nolan has created. There just not.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."