Nolan's Third Original Masterpiece?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
ballet_ag wrote:
BatMotor wrote:You mean Nolan's first original Masterpiece???

Memento & Inception arent original.

Memento is from his brother and Inception are diffrent (stolen) idea's combined to one big film.
THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE?
I didnt say i didnt like the movies did i???

ballet_ag wrote:
indiefilmconnor wrote:From what I've heard he is supposedly pretty dang good in The Beaver, but he is usually pretty good if not great in everything he does. I hope Hollywood forgives the guy, I mean everyone makes mistakes.

Didn't Leo flat out say he didn't want to risk his reputation with it? Or am I making that up? Either way I agree i hope it still gets made one day.
And yet Leo still produced Red Riding Hood...
dang i didn't know he produced that..what the hell?

BatMotor wrote:
ballet_ag wrote: THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE?
I didnt say i didnt like the movies did i???
:eh: What's not original about Inception? And don't bring up that scrooge Mcduck bullshit. :facepalm: It's not the first hiest movie nor is it the first film to break into a person's subconscious but saying it's ripped off from like the Matrix or something is like saying Star Wars was taken from Star Trek. :roll:

Oh yes, theres that film that Christopher Nolan still needs to make. And that film was what we were expecting when the first Inception trailer was released. It was so dark and edgy, the perfect thrill. Its was he was more of on his earlier part of his career than his recent. The Dark knight was close but The Prestige got more deep into it. Sorry for being so ambiguous. Hopefully rewatching it, you would know what I'm talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5VDKVqvo8M
He should make it a sci-fi epic or an Inception sequel. A film that would challenge 'Moon' and 'Star Wars', and maybe '2001' which I haven't seen yet. I also want him to tryout a film with similar pacing to 'Children of Men'.

indiefilmconnor wrote:the idea for M. is a great one. I would like to see him do a horror film, more specifically a psychological horror, or actually make a decent haunted house film. i think he could do som amazing stuff in that genre. Also didn't he talk about doing a western? that could be pretty awesome as well.
It could happen, Inception was originally conceptualized as a horror film.
I think it would be interesting to see him direct animation (Yes, I know it's very different from live action, but Verbinski, Zemeckis and Snyder have all done it). I'm not saying he SHOULD necessarily, but I would be curious...
Not sure if I already said this but I'd love him to do another victorian piece. Unlikely, but the time just suits him so well!

Waiting for something gritty... something dark... something strange... like a man in a suit, holding a suitcase close to his chest looking over his shoulder constantly.

Here are the subjects that nolan should cover-------

1. A film set in the future, in outer space. I think that Nolan could do amazing things here. Make it take place onboard a distant space station, far from any hope of rescue, and make it about a group of scientists, astronauts, and soldiers under attack by terrorists or an enemy military. With air and vital systems running out, the protagonists learn shocking secrets about themselves, their true purpose on the station, and the reasons behind the attack. A zero-gravity science fiction psychological thriller mystery, and a desperate fight for survival.

2. A war film, covering the greatest battle in human history, the Battle of Stalingrad. Two soldiers, a Russian and a German, are both in love with the same Russian woman, living in Stalingrad, who is caught it the middle of the apocalyptic battle. They both betray their respective militaries, and join together to rescue the woman from a German POW camp and get her out of the city alive. Though they have been indoctrinated to hate each other by histories most evil dictators Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin, love forces them to become allies and recognize their mutual humanity. But only one of them can have the woman they love, and the film ends with a one-on-one duel to the death.

3. A spy film. Preferably ultra-violent, it would focus on an American spy sent on a mission during the Cold War, only to discover that he has entered a world of betrayal, conspiracy, torture and murder. With no allies and enemies seemingly everywhere, he becomes deeply paranoid, and is eventually driven insane.

4. A historical film, covering the journey's of Saint Peter as he attempts to establish the very first christian churches. Though peter is depicted as believing the gospels (or his gospel at least) to be true, christ or any divinity is never actually shown, except perhaps in Peter's own mind. As peter travels the ancient, Roman controlled world, he must learn how to convince people of his faith, perhaps forcing him to question his own faith, and by extension, his own sanity. It ends with his martyrdom at the hands of the Romans.

gmoney wrote:Here are the subjects that nolan should cover-------

1. A film set in the future, in outer space. I think that Nolan could do amazing things here. Make it take place onboard a distant space station, far from any hope of rescue, and make it about a group of scientists, astronauts, and soldiers under attack by terrorists or an enemy military. With air and vital systems running out, the protagonists learn shocking secrets about themselves, their true purpose on the station, and the reasons behind the attack. A zero-gravity science fiction psychological thriller mystery, and a desperate fight for survival.
I definately would love this from Nolan. He's great with genres that require a lot of creativity. He should go back to Doodlebug this time with his characters like he did with Inception and Following. So this time he will further more explore the depths of insanity like Doodlebug.

I'd like to see Chris do a drama film like The Prestige again, he now has enough power(yes power) to pretty much direct any film. A space epic would top the list for me.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Maybe a Viking epic?
Oh yes! We Scandinavians need an epic film to do our history justice! Way to few film have touched this subject compared to Greek mythology for instance. And both the Norse mythology and the actual history (battles and stuff) is so rich. I would really be surprised if Nolan ever did something like that though - I wouldn't mind if Peter Jackson did it either ;)