A Nolan Comedy

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Eternalist wrote:Not really a transcript, more of a summary of events:

http://intotheblu.com/2008/12/warner-br ... ris-nolan/
This still makes me laugh:
with the exception of two bathroom breaks director Christopher Nolan had to pause the screening for. He can do that…he’s the boss.
He drowns in that tea...or coffee...or whatever is in that cup.

It's Kool-Aid :D

Eternalist wrote:It's Kool-Aid :D
Or alcohol. ;)

Ok, he has some problems. I watched TDK 3 times at the movie theatre and I did't got to pee even once. :lol:

Odd. The transcript leaves out the most compelling question and answer during the entire event. One person asked Nolan if he would elaborate on the line "5 dead, 2 of them cops". Nolan responded by saying "I will answer this question one day. But not today". For me, this is definitive proof that he'll be back for a third Batman film.

filmfanatic wrote:Odd. The transcript leaves out the most compelling question and answer during the entire event. One person asked Nolan if he would elaborate on the line "5 dead, 2 of them cops". Nolan responded by saying "I will answer this question one day. But not today". For me, this is definitive proof that he'll be back for a third Batman film.
Or...He made a mistake and didn't know what is the correct answer. :D

I remember participating in this. I borrowed a friend's blu ray player and an internet route rthe night of, at the last minute. It was meyham, but worth it! You were able to submit ?'s online, and he actually got to one of mine! (I sent in a ton, though). I asked him if he had any plans for upcoming projects, and I cannot remember his exact wording, but he said he had a script of something he had either written or worked on for a few years back. Now I'm assuming he meant inception! IT's even cooler to think about now, considering everything that's happened since then.
:D

filmfanatic wrote:Odd. The transcript leaves out the most compelling question and answer during the entire event. One person asked Nolan if he would elaborate on the line "5 dead, 2 of them cops". Nolan responded by saying "I will answer this question one day. But not today". For me, this is definitive proof that he'll be back for a third Batman film.
A lot of people have picked up on that. I hope he answers it in Batman 3 :D

I found an interesting quote from him during an interview on Insomnia.

Insomnia and Memento are quite serious and dark - do you want to make a comedy someday?

Christopher Nolan: Well I think both of them are quite funny, maybe no one else agrees. I'd love to do a comedy. I'd like to do all kinds of movies, except maybe musicals, any other type of movie is of interest to me. I do find a lot of what goes on in films like Memento and Insomnia to be darkly serious, they are very straight faced films but they get a lot of laughter at screenings.