Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
It would be amazing if he just alternates between alienating sci-fi spy film and prestige movie....back and forth, back and forth...I, at least and most importantly, would be happy.

User of Interest wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 10:38 am

I don't know if the source is legit: https://puck.news/newsletter_content/wh ... ig-year-2/
The person they reference as knowing is a somewhat reputable person from what I can tell.

But Nolan "starting to write his next project" doesn't really mean that we'll know about it until later this year or early next year. It just means he already knows the direction he's going to try and go (which, I feel like he's ready to leave Oppenheimer behind and do something new considering how longer this rollout has been due to awards hype than it has in previous years).

Considering how secretive he is about his projects, we won't know what it will be until it's officially close to production.

I'm predicting an announcement in 2025 for a 2026 release.

He doesn't even have a beard yet. Relax people.

I think we'll have an announcement this summer and a release in December 2025. No more three-year gaps. Plus December is Oscar Season and we're in the Oscar Nolan Era now.
I can't imagine we're getting a Summer (July) 2026 movie. That seems so long.
Oppenheimer was shot in 57 days. I know there's pre and post to consider, but I imagine he's already had the idea and has already started writing. Say it takes him three months to write the script again. There's just no way we're waiting 2 years and 4 months.

But I mean, our boy's in his 50s now, too.

Angus wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 2:42 pm
I think we'll have an announcement this summer and a release in December 2025. No more three-year gaps. Plus December is Oscar Season and we're in the Oscar Nolan Era now.
Oppenheimer was shot in 57 days. I know there's pre and post to consider, but I imagine he's already had the idea and has already started writing. Say it takes him three months to write the script again. There's just no way we're waiting 2 years and 4 months.

It will be July 2026.

natalie wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:03 pm
Angus wrote:

It will be July 2026.
NATALIE!!!WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!!WHA?!!!

Natalie, if you're positive on that, at least tell us if it's indeed a horror movie with Harry Styles. :ninja:

Pretty standard Nolan timeline for a 2026 July release, yeah. Writing in the first part of the year, then first rumors, rumblings in late autumn, official confirmations by the end of the year, first castings in January/February 2025 and then a spring shoot, first teaser in June/July 2025 for a release in the summer of 2026. :gonf:

A Borges man wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:29 pm
natalie wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:03 pm
Angus wrote:

It will be July 2026.
NATALIE!!!WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!!WHA?!!!
Woman's instinct and 20+ years of being a Nolan fan :lol:
Fingers crossed for an original horror movie.