Nolanhack's Next Flick

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I've been predicting he will definitely do Bond for the next film. Unless Bond property owners are willing to wait another full few years before signing him on, at which point a loooong time would have passed.

However, I do wish (though I highly doubt), Nolan would do a Michael Crichton novel film adaptation. The ones that have been out besides Jurassic Park, have been absolute shite. Imagine a Nolan film adaptation of the book Timeline (combining some future sci-fi with mostly ancient-medieval historical epic style environment). Or his film version of SPHERE.....man......

Just wishful thinking, but I doubt he would do those since he likes doing things that fall into gaps that haven't been filled in the industry. Though.... ANYTHING he does will fill some gap that has not been done before either, since his filmmaking and storytelling perspective and style is just years ahead of it's time.

I am quite intrigued by Nolan's version of 1984....It be great to see Timothee Chalamet as Winston Smith and Daniel Craig as O'Brien

I do want a Bond film from Nolan but I really don't want him to be tied down to a trilogy.

eescorpius wrote:
September 6th, 2023, 1:54 pm
I do want a Bond film from Nolan but I really don't want him to be tied down to a trilogy.
:gonf:

On the Deakins podcast with Ruth De Jong she had mentioned, Hoyte was not sure if he could DP Nope because Nolan was getting ready for a new project, and than it stopped.

neb4ever wrote:
September 8th, 2023, 2:43 pm
On the Deakins podcast with Ruth De Jong she had mentioned, Hoyte was not sure if he could DP Nope because Nolan was getting ready for a new project, and than it stopped.
That's Oppenheimer.

Pr0creation wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 10:05 am
yeah, sorry no way Nolan makes a film that doesn't include Imax.

So a budget under 80 million dollars is out of the question now.

Epic visuals Nolan hasn't captured that could be used in Imax.

Western
Natural disaster film
Gangster film
Car film
Sports film
Old war film
Super natural film
Sea film
Whatever ist next: I am very curious what it will be.
I like the idea of a Western or Natural disaster film best. Or a psychological thriller/horror.

Ancient historical epic w/ return of RDJ. All in IMAX. Without the patina of digital recreation but huge sets, miniatures and locations. Something like DUNE but real life.

What about the fake Manhattan 2055 movie?

William Blake wrote:
September 10th, 2023, 2:41 pm
Ancient historical epic w/ return of RDJ. All in IMAX. Without the patina of digital recreation but huge sets, miniatures and locations. Something like DUNE but real life.
Historical epic in 70mm IMAX would be mindblowing from Nolan no doubt.