Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I would love to see more sci-fi from him but I don't expect him to return to that genre anytime soon. Plus, judging by some of his interviews/podcasts I don't think he'd would do something like that.

Whatever he'll do, I'm sure that it'll surprise us. I think he will definitely go big but how can he go bigger than Interstellar or Dunkirk? I don't even know.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 6:21 pm
I would love to see more sci-fi from him but I don't expect him to return to that genre anytime soon. Plus, judging by some of his interviews/podcasts I don't think he'd would do something like that.

Whatever he'll do, I'm sure that it'll surprise us. I think he will definitely go big but how can he go bigger than Interstellar or Dunkirk? I don't even know.
In which interviews did you get a sense like that? I know he's said that he could never do the Blade Runner-sequel, but this isn't exactly that.

Sanchez wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 6:31 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 6:21 pm

In which interviews did you get a sense like that? I know he's said that he could never do the Blade Runner-sequel, but this isn't exactly that.
Can't remember the interviews but that's the vibe I got from his answers to "Would you do a Blade Runner or a Star Wars movie?".
Now, I haven't read the books so I don't know how similar/different they are from 2001 but to me Interstellar is his 2001 sequel. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he adapts one of the books though.

No sequel for him, it's better if he goes in his own way, I hope it will be another ambitious big scale and original project like Interstellar or Dunkirk.

My two wishes

A horror movie, The Shining Style. I want to see a big expensive Christopher Nolan IMAX horror film. All his movies have horror elements and I want to see him go all in and do a beautifully shot eerie as fuck horror movie on the big screen.

Number 2:

A big ass expensive sword and sorcery film (Conan Barbarian style/LOTR style). Lot's of extra's, big spectacle shots, epic story, Lawrence of Arabia David Lean style cinematography, a fun action-adventure style feeling and some actual heart and romance for once in a Nolan flick.

Reaveybeach wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 6:08 am
shop this pic with nolan's kthnxbai

Maybe he'll talk about it during his masterclass at Cannes.

Suitable place to make the announcement though? What date and time btw?