rumors that J. Nolan has been holding auditions for Superman

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
GeekTyrant is reporting that he's definitely the director and that he has already auditioned Zachary Levi from "Chuck" for the role.

It would be great if his brother is directing it.

Yeah I want Jonathan to direct too.

I'm still not buying this. There's no way that WB are going to let Jonah (who has never directed a movie) take on a massive tentpole franchise like Superman.

Eternalist wrote:I'm still not buying this. There's no way that WB are going to let Jonah (who has never directed a movie) take on a massive tentpole franchise like Superman.
Unless Chris holds more power there than we thought, I would have to agree with you. The Chris Columbus rumor seems much more probable.

Here's the latest via Moviehole.net:
Late this afternoon I hopped on the phone with a contact who shed some light on the J. Nolan rumours.

"You know, some of that is true", my very reliable* contact, said ."Jonathan Nolan is not onboard yet, but it looks like he will get the job. Jonah wants to direct, Chris wants to land him that gig, WB doesn't want to upset Chris. That said, it is far from a done deal -- but with Chris and Emma producing, the odds are with Jonah - kind of like Michael Mann producing his daughter's first feature: "How bad could things go?"".

"Also, it is a TV star that they're looking at for the lead - but, despite what that article says, I don't believe anyone has actually tested." (He/She has heard nothing of Zachary Levi being considered).

Sorry? What? Oh, you want to know which "TV star" is currently atop of the WB wishlist?

Says our insider, "[He's a] popular TV actor that no one is thinking of, but everyone will be thrilled with if he pulls on the blue tights"

Your first guess is likely the right one.
My contact followed-up the phone call with an email later in the day, just to kindly suggest we also don't refer to the new film as a reboot because... "This Superman is neither a reboot or a sequel. It's just a Superman film. The basic elements of the storyline are: BIG action, BIG set-pieces, witty dialogue, playful romance, a light-hearted feelgood mood juxtaposed with derring-do and danger, top-notch cast, epic feel, sci-fi background (sounds a little like Donner, right?) BUT with some sort of huge twist on the legend."
Here's the link:
http://www.moviehole.net/201025509-excl ... an-rumours

They might have to consider renaming Warner Bros., Nolan Bros. the way it's going. ;)

"Chuck" as Superman... Awesome. :lol:

I don't think Chuck would make a very convincing Superman. He'd make a great Clark Kent, though.

I personally think Wally Pfister would be a better and more appropriate choice to direct the Nolan produced Supes film ahead of the inexperienced Jonah Nolan.

I also think Chuck would suck as Supes.

The Nolan brothers should look at Alexander Skaarsgard or Henry Cavill as Supes.

There is a weird rumor going around that WB's and supposedly the Nolans want an American actor only for the role of Supes.

I disagree with that close minded way of thinking if they are indeed only going to consider American actors only. It would be surprising that the Nolans (especially Chris) would be short sighted in that way.