Inception Sequel (?)

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
No, please, no, no sequel. Beacasue its not good for the story.

Does it need a sequel? I think the film works better on its own. A prequel, maybe; but the second you continue Cobb's story you'd have to tell whether or not he's in reality. That would kill the first one.

As much as i'd love to see more of this world, a stand alone film is perfect. Please, no more. Let Inception be just, Inception.

Mr. Caine wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
Yeah, but it's still possible. But I highly doubt it at this point. If he's going ahead with a Howard Hughes Biopic, then a sequel would be put on hold. He did say he was interested in a video game sequel, though, didn't he?

Never the less, an Inception sequel would rock!
Sequel would not rock!!! Its better that Nolan wont make sequels and Inception was f**king perfect :P -it doesnt need a sequel 8-)

It's stupid to think that "inception 2" would kill "inception 1" if the movie is bad.
And remember, Nolan said he had more and more idea that was originally for the first movie.

He create a universe. He will make a video game to use new contents for the dream world. How could you say that a second film could kill the first movie?

For exemple this add:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpECTN-S ... 524F001666

I suppose that when you've starred in a film this big, you'd be stupid not to assume that there's a chance you'll be returning to it in the form of a sequel or whatever, even though it is unlikely in Inception's case. If there was a sequel, I'm happy that Tom is in.

No wat I see a sequel to the same storyline.

Possibly a prequel or a story that takes place in the same world, but with different characters.

I would absolutely love to see a series of extended universe short films like the Animatrix, there is virtually limitless possibility if some directors were to get together and do that.

It could cover Cobb's training with Miles, the invention of the PASIV, other extraction stories, maybe Eames' failed inception job.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

This whole thing has been discussed to death round the internet, but come on, the film can't take place after Inception, it'd ruin the whole ending!

The story would likely be quite a different one indeed, only utilizing the tools and knowledge we already have with several of the same characters, and if a prequel, Cobb could be in it perhaps.

Doubtful, though.

Indeed. Warner might want to milk it, and turn it into a franchise if they have their way. TV Series anyone? But I doubt Nolan wants to spend another "10 years" writing another screenplay. But perhaps Jonah could do something ;)

Wait did that article compare Inception to Clash of the Titans. :lol: