When will Nolan announce his next project?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
However long it takes, I just hope it involves the same structure and themes as Memento, The Prestige, and Inception. This is the Nolan I love most. Audience perception, time manipulation, warped reality, memory, etc. That's Nolan's Zone.

Soon hopefully. The anticipation is killing me.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I think he deserves vacation. :D

But I'm so excited for his next movie!

I'm calling it: His next film will be a Best Picture/Director winner...

Rayzr wrote:I'm calling it: His next film will be a Best Picture/Director winner...
If its an Original Masterpiece like Memento and Inception and not a Summer Blockbuster, I agree with you !
And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig

brickarts295 wrote:
Rayzr wrote:I'm calling it: His next film will be a Best Picture/Director winner...
If its an Original Masterpiece like Memento and Inception and not a Summer Blockbuster, I agree with you !
Following and Inception were his two origional films. Memento was based on his brothers short story. :P Know your Nolan!
Brave New World

brickarts295 wrote:

Technically, Inception is also a Blockbuster. I see no problem with the way he handles them.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

In most of Nolan's interviews recently he seems as though this whole process of releasing TDKR has been understandably exhausting, so I expect a longer than expected break between films this time. And with a few producing gigs hanging over him I expect Nolan's 2 year directing pace to be disrupted. I wouldn't expect anything earlier than 2015.

However, if his next film is a smaller film that only takes three months to shoot and isn't a globetrotting romp like his past efforts we might see a shorter turnaround.

P.S. I'm talking about the films release not the announcement... that would be ridiculous.
Last edited by Nolan's Protege on August 19th, 2012, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nolan's Protege wrote:However, if his next film is a smaller film that only takes three months to shoot and isn't a globetrotting romp like his past efforts we might see a shorter turnaround.
He won't just disappear. I'm sure he's got an idea for something and wants to develop it.

I never said that, I'm just saying he'll probably take his time.

Nevertheless, we'll know when Chris is writing something, his wife says he always grows out a beard when he's writing. It's a fun little natural indicator to get excited about.