The Christopher Nolan Appreciation Thread

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Ace

This video did get posted in the Oppenheimer Interviews thread, but 4:22-8:44 is certainly an Appreciative gushing over him so I think it fits this thread. Fave ancedotes are the hair dancing and being blonder in colder climates, plus the lovely TDKR anecdote from Anne.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 6th, 2023, 5:34 pm

This video did get posted in the Oppenheimer Interviews thread, but 4:22-8:44 is certainly an Appreciative gushing over him so I think it fits this thread. Fave ancedotes are the hair dancing and being blonder in colder climates, plus the lovely TDKR anecdote from Anne.
i looved those snippets, i want more of them, specially the technical crew ones, i would have impostor syndrome for sure if i ever was in one of Chris`s sets !

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 7th, 2023, 3:05 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:

i looved those snippets, i want more of them, specially the technical crew ones, i would have impostor syndrome for sure if i ever was in one of Chris`s sets !
Only thing I'd be concerned about is if I could keep up/manage without my phone. That might fuel said imposter syndrome. But I'd do my best to not screw up that opportunity.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 7th, 2023, 6:02 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
Waitedalongtime wrote:

Only thing I'd be concerned about is if I could keep up/manage without my phone. That might fuel said imposter syndrome. But I'd do my best to not screw up that opportunity.
im not sure that policy is so strongly enforced on the sets, the are multiple videos of Hoyte and other members of the cast and crew using phones during down time on set, i guess its more of a if you dont have to dont use it (i guess also being a head of department gives you some leeway)

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 7th, 2023, 7:58 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 7th, 2023, 6:02 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:

im not sure that policy is so strongly enforced on the sets, the are multiple videos of Hoyte and other members of the cast and crew using phones during down time on set, i guess its more of a if you dont have to dont use it (i guess also being a head of department gives you some leeway)
Maybe it is just during the actual scheduled filming process. But the job I've just finished at made me used to not being able to go on my phone for up to 5 hours at a time. So I could do it probably!

Anyway, focus is great on a movie set regardless of the quality of the film ultimately.

Nolan in a black polo with black blazer.

Ace

Ace wrote:
January 3rd, 2024, 4:41 pm
I guess he is already in NYC for the New York Film Critics Circle Awards ceremony tonight 8-)

Ace