How big of a name is Nolan?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Obviously he isn't as big as Spielberg or Cameron yet.

But would the studio able to make a good bit of money without using 'From the director of TDK' Just from Director Christopher Nolan?

IMO the only director who can only use there name to sell a movie is Spielberg.

I don't think he is there yet, but Inception made huge strides towards him getting there. I think if he has one more highly successful film outside of the Batman franchise he'll be there.

To me, he's already a household name. I think, when he makes more films and grabs some Oscar nominations and even wins, he'll become massive. Just like Scott, Cameron, Spielberg, Kubrick and Hitchcock. Possibly better. He's my favourite director of all time, and he always will be. In my opinion, he's already a big name to me.

i think only cameron and speilberg can sell movies just with their names. if tdkr will be as good as/better than tdk(hopefully)
he will acheive that even sooner :goNF: :goNF: :goNF:

Right now WB is pushing to make him a household name, In the TDKR trailer I can almost guarantee you'll see "FROM CHRISTOPHER NOLAN, DIRECTION OF INCEPTION AND THE DARK KNIGHT" or something to that effect.

solo2001 wrote:Right now WB is pushing to make him a household name, In the TDKR trailer I can almost guarantee you'll see "FROM CHRISTOPHER NOLAN, DIRECTION OF INCEPTION AND THE DARK KNIGHT" or something to that effect.
Epic movie trailer voice:

From the director of the Dark Knight.... <fade out>

And Inception <fade out>

the dark knight rises.

IMO he is already there at the top. A household name as said before
Why you lurking my page brah?

He's not yet. Most directors aren't household names (even big ones like The Coens and Fincher), Speilberg is sort of an anomaly.

solo2001 wrote:He's not yet. Most directors aren't household names (even big ones like The Coens and Fincher), Speilberg is sort of an anomaly.
Yeah very true, I forgot to keep in mind that most of the general public are kind of out of the loop. All in good time.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:
solo2001 wrote:He's not yet. Most directors aren't household names (even big ones like The Coens and Fincher), Speilberg is sort of an anomaly.
Yeah very true, I forgot to keep in mind that most of the general public are kind of out of the loop. All in good time.
cameron has become a household name since avatar. that movie has become very popular with the general audience