Favorite Antagonist

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

Who is in your opinion, the best antagonist in a Nolan movie?

Cobb (Following)
4%
Walter Finch (Insomnia)
4%
Dr. Jonathan Crane (Batman Begins)
25%
Carmine Falcone (Batman Begins)
4%
Henri Ducard (Batman Begins)
14%
Robert Angier (The Prestige)
32%
Harvey Dent (The Dark Knight)
11%
Mal's Projection (Inception)
7%

Total votes: 28

As you all are aware, except maybe a few it's hard to call most of Nolan's characters Villain. because even as antagonist you will hear a lot of interesting and sometimes true statements from them about the real world and that makes it a little complicated to name them as complete bad guys. but here is the list of all the people I consider as main Antagonists in Nolan movies. you can pick one of them as your (I don't know if it's the right word) favorite.

- Feel free to choose antagonists who are not in the list.
- You can discuss it if you want about which characters you consider as antagonists.
Last edited by Master Virgo on June 7th, 2011, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

THE JOKER

Where is the Joker? He is the perfect Antagonist, since he is the direct opposite of Bruce Wayne both in logic and morality. One of the best Antagonist in the history of comic-books and modern cinema in my opinion.

I think it's pretty obvious why I didn't put The Joker's name out there. we all know that he was the best antagonist in all the Nolan movies. I want you to pick someone you think is the second best after him.

I'd say Scarecrow :modesty:

Alberto wrote:I'd say Scarecrow :modesty:
Got my vote too.

But I think Teddy from Memento deserves a honourable mention too!

Angier is in the list. but no Alfred Borden. Hmmm :?

AlBanna wrote:Angier is in the list. but no Alfred Borden. Hmmm :?
well, actually I wanted to put him in the list but after putting some thought, I realized that he hadn't enough elements to be an antagonist. but I'm still not completely sure. it's too late anyway.

mastervirgo wrote:I think it's pretty obvious why I didn't put The Joker's name out there. we all know that he was the best antagonist in all the Nolan movies. I want you to pick someone you think is the second best after him.
ah, well, why didn't you just say so? ;)

mastervirgo wrote:
AlBanna wrote:Angier is in the list. but no Alfred Borden. Hmmm :?
well, actually I wanted to put him in the list but after putting some thought, I realized that he hadn't enough elements to be an antagonist. but I'm still not completely sure. it's too late anyway.
What about Cobb in Inception,Teddy in Memento and Leonard himself in Memento? :)