David Russell Put Nolan in a Headlock Over Jude Law in '03?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Today I was reading a Screen Rant article about Mark Wahlberg being cast in another David O. Russell film:

http://screenrant.com/mark-wahlberg-unc ... /#comments

Referring to Russell's apparent notorious douche reputation, the writer said this:
Russell – a filmmaker known for being difficult to work with (and, as Christopher Nolan learned, a man willing to put you in a headlock in order to get what he wants).
"Wtf?" I said to myself. Then I did some research and apparently back in 2003, Nolan was close to casting Jude Law in some unnamed movie. Then at a random Hollywood party, Russell went up to Nolan and put him in a headlock, demanding Nolan back off Law so he could be cast in I Heart Huckabees.
And then Jude Law quits (the explanation Mr. Russell hears is that he needs to make a big-budget movie because of an impending divorce settlement; Mr. Law's representatives deny that money was a factor). Mr. Russell is devastated: instead of doing his movie, Mr. Law has decided to take a role offered by Christopher Nolan ("Memento").

At a Hollywood party, Mr. Russell, a lean, muscular 46-year-old with dark, lanky hair, runs into Mr. Nolan and — in full view of the party guests — puts him in a headlock. Wrapping his arm around Mr. Nolan's neck, Mr. Russell demands that his fellow director show artistic solidarity and give up his star in order to save "Huckabees." (In the meantime, Mr. Russell has met with Jim Carrey as a possible replacement.) The next day Mr. Law calls Mr. Russell from a boat while crossing the Atlantic and discusses his "Huckabees" role at length, never mentioning Mr. Nolan or his project. The headlock story makes the rounds in Hollywood.
(at the bottom) http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/19/movie ... ssuserland

WHAT. THE. F*CK? Am I the only one who didn't know this happened? What a f*cking douche! Well, I guess things worked out for Mr. Nolan.

Yeah, this is old news. Russell is notorious for his anger issues.

CrazyEight wrote:Yeah, this is old news. Russell is notorious for his anger issues.
Well obviously it's old news. I'm just surprised I haven't seen it discussed here on the boards. What a f*cked up Hollywood tale.

AHAHAHAHAHAH! Wow, I never heard about this! Since they are both okay, I don't feel bad for laughing. :lol:

I remember reading about this in like 06 or 07. I don't know how much of it is really true. I read George Clooney kicked Russell's ass on the set of Three KIngs so I figure Nolan could have held his own. lol
Say Girl

Actual image from the altercation:

steveportee wrote:Actual image from the altercation:

He looks good in leather pants.

Crazy stuff.

I can't really believe this

Hence Mr. Russell's latest film is titled "The Fighter" starring "I want off the f#%*ing set, you prick!" Christian Bale!