MLB Discussion

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Allstar wrote:
PowerDump wrote:A-Fraud is the biggest ass-wipe in sports, I really wonder if some of his family members don't even like him anymore.
Show me the evidence MLB!!! Selig doesn't even have the balls to testify!!! Pathetic. The MLB and Selig have turned this into a witch hunt against A-Rod when Papi was just as guilty and he is looked at as a hero!
I don't defend anyone who used PEDs (as my team had one in Peralta) but didn't A-Rod already testify that he did take them before? That might be why people don't trust him now. Also didn't he throw a bunch of players under the bus in all this?

I'm astonished anyone is actually defending A-Rod.

PowerDump wrote: but didn't A-Rod already testify that he did take them before?
Yes but these new allegations are coming after that. Just because he did them before it does not automatically mean he did them again.
That might be why people don't trust him now.

They don't have to but innocent until proven guilty. Selig and the MLB said they have loads of evidence and they have failed to provide and Selig is hiding. :think:
Also didn't he throw a bunch of players under the bus in all this?
Again something Selig and the MLB said he did but failed to provide evidence thus far.
Because even if A-Rod is a douche and did wrong stuff the way he is being treated is unfair, the MLB and Selig are trying to make him the poster boy of the steroid era.

Allstar wrote:
PowerDump wrote: but didn't A-Rod already testify that he did take them before?
Yes but these new allegations are coming after that. Just because he did them before it does not automatically mean he did them again.
That might be why people don't trust him now.

They don't have to but innocent until proven guilty. Selig and the MLB said they have loads of evidence and they have failed to provide and Selig is hiding. :think:
Also didn't he throw a bunch of players under the bus in all this?
Again something Selig and the MLB said he did but failed to provide evidence thus far.
Because even if A-Rod is a douche and did wrong stuff the way he is being treated is unfair, the MLB and Selig are trying to make him the poster boy of the steroid era.
Okay I can see that but your opinion hinges on them not coming out with anything on A-Rod.

You say Selig is "hiding" but would you really 100% rule out that maybe A-Rod is trying to bribe him right now for all we know. We all know athletes a lot of the time get much less penalties because they have money so I don't think what I'm saying is that big of a "leap".

Tell me, if Selig doesn't come out with anything after all this time are you going to be 100% sure that he didn't actually have anything or would you say there may still be a chance (no matter how small) he gets paid off. Sorry if I have a jaded look at things but seeing what has gone on in sports over the years has truly changed my look on some sports. That and working with a college football player and him sharing some of the things people do to get an "advantage" (throws up in mouth) on the field and having a minor league pitcher in the family who has some nice "campside stories" :? may have affected my believability when it comes to certain things.

DoubleD wrote:
Peace wrote:A-rod is such a bitch.
Thoughts on the Fielder trade?
Not sure. I hope it works out. I like Kinsler. He was a fan favorite here.

Also does A-rod really think that dog and pony show is going to work?

The MLb are only going after A- rod because he has the best numbers bud needs to stop with the which hunts .

manofsteel1 wrote:The MLb are only going after A- rod because he has the best numbers bud needs to stop with the which hunts .
If it helps clean up the game I don't mind.

Thank god Boston doesn't make deals like this anymore. A ten year deal for a 32 year old player? Even desperation doesn't justify this. Seattle doesn't deserve a baseball team. Move to Vancouver I say.

And id give the Yankees credit for passing on him if they hadn't just overpaid for ellsbury and McCann. Again its called desperation. Anyway its all good news for the sox so I'm happy.