Riot and Appreciation Threads

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Destroy these fucking things before things turn ugly.

of course talli had to ruin it lol.

Delete them all.

Just keep the DiCaprio appreciation thread. :)

Delete all the threads Talli made. Keep at least a few.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:Delete all the threads Talli made. Keep at least a few.
No. Delete them all.

Done. No more. Next person to make them gets a warning, and then a ban (and maybe straight to a ban if I think you're just trying to mess around with me).

And I'll be ignoring any insults flung at me for deleting them, don't even bother PMing me. I've had enough of this crap.

Chee decided to pull a weatherman and locked the thread 5 minutes after she made it, so I didn't have a chance to write my response. So here we go.

The thing about appreciation threads is that they're so diverse and all-encompassing it would be ridiculous to make a blanket statement that they should all be deleted. The concept has spawned some legitimate threads like the Leo DiCaprio & Marion Cotillard Appreciation Threads. It has made threads which started out as a joke but turned legitimate like The Christopher Nolan Appreciation Thread. And even threads that somehow didn't go to absolute shit and stayed fun like The Bacon Appreciation Thread.

The issue that has arisen isn't a problem with the threads themselves. A few select members thought it would be a good idea to make appreciation threads for every actor/director they could think of. Not to say they didn't deserve to be appreciated but at the rate the threads were being created, it was pretty obvious they were going to reach a saturation point, which is exactly what happened.

So should they have been deleted? In this case, yes. But by no means should appreciation threads be outlawed. If you seriously think Benedict Cumberblauchklawuauask is deserving of an appreciation thread then by all means, go ahead and make the hell out of it! Post gifs and talk about how amazing he is and whatever the fuck. But if you're going to make a thread with an inbred title like "depp appreciation" that not only already exists but is the 12th appreciation thread you've made today, that's where you cross the border between being passionate about an actor and straight up spamming.

TL;DR It isn't a black and white issue. If the community wants to appreciate someone they're genuinely excited about, they should have the right to make a thread about it. But any thread that's just being made for the sake of it's own creation should be killed on site.

solo2001 wrote:Chee decided to pull a weatherman and locked the thread 5 minutes after she made it, so I didn't have a chance to write my response. So here we go.

The thing about appreciation threads is that they're so diverse and all-encompassing it would be ridiculous to make a blanket statement that they should all be deleted. The concept has spawned some legitimate threads like the Leo DiCaprio & Marion Cotillard Appreciation Threads. It has made threads which started out as a joke but turned legitimate like The Christopher Nolan Appreciation Thread. And even threads that somehow didn't go to absolute shit and stayed fun like The Bacon Appreciation Thread.

The issue that has arisen isn't a problem with the threads themselves. A few select members thought it would be a good idea to make appreciation threads for every actor/director they could think of. Not to say they didn't deserve to be appreciated but at the rate the threads were being created, it was pretty obvious they were going to reach a saturation point, which is exactly what happened.

So should they have been deleted? In this case, yes. But by no means should appreciation threads be outlawed. If you seriously think Benedict Cumberblauchklawuauask is deserving of an appreciation thread then by all means, go ahead and make the hell out of it! Post gifs and talk about how amazing he is and whatever the fuck. But if you're going to make a thread with an inbred title like "depp appreciation" that not only already exists but is the 12th appreciation thread you've made today, that's where you cross the border between being passionate about an actor and straight up spamming.

TL;DR It isn't a black and white issue. If the community wants to appreciate someone they're genuinely excited about, they should have the right to make a thread about it. But any thread that's just being made for the sake of it's own creation should be killed on site.
Bravo

solo2001 wrote:Chee decided to pull a weatherman and locked the thread 5 minutes after she made it, so I didn't have a chance to write my response. So here we go.

Ok.