Football Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Z. Cobb wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:Wales football manager Gary Speed has died at the age of 42.

The Football Association of Wales (FAW) has told the BBC it appears Speed, the national manager for nearly a year, killed himself.

-----------

Absolutely shocking news. Thoughts go out to his family.

R.I.P
I can't believe the news, just shocked.
He was on Football Focus just yesterday, you wouldn't have thought anything was wrong! 42 is absolutely no age. :(

This was him yesterday, unbelievable.

Dream-Xtractor wrote: But if you can get the ball they can be scored on as their defence has always been their achilles heel.
I think the best way is to score against them and keep the pressure high. Spain’s not a team that can handle being behind. But we’ll have to see if Spain really is capable of winning again, their latest test results indicate that they've lost some of their motivation.
Well during the domestic season is the only time they have but it's still very annoying, especially when your team is on a great run and then has to take a 2 week hiatus. Completely ruins the momentum.
Considering Bayern’s current form I wish there would be national matches until Christmas. :thumbdown:
As for Rooney, if he can't get his ban lifted then there's no point taking him. As good as a player he is (our best), he's going to miss all the group games and it would be a waste. We'd be better off taking players who can help us throughout the whole tournament. The hearing is sometime soon, fingers crossed but he's fucking stupid for doing it in the first place. We all thought he got over that petulant side of him but clearly not.
That’s really a shame, I don’t even want to imagine leaving our best player behind. It’s a tradeoff between taking another striker who can play or taking Rooney in case you get in the quarters.
Hmm, looks pretty decent. Got a great shot on him. Will keep an eye out on his progress.
Now you just have to become a scout for Arsenal and recommend him :lol:

Considering England, it's strange, I would have thought the defense is your best part. You’ve always had the reputation of being a very disciplined team against which it is hard to score. Seems like you got a lot of new players, I am looking forward to see them in The EURO.
That would be brilliant!
I am beeing serious, if you, by any chance, came near Germany, than we could go watching a match. But I have to order the tickets far in advance for they are always sold out fast.

Besides, I fu*king hate football at the moment, Bayern is losing one match after the other. We can’t get Schweini back soon enough. If we keep on losing points Dortmund will have gained up to five points on us coming Christmas. This damn injury could screw up our whole season.

Today was the drawing for the EURO 2012, and Germany was paired with Netherlands, Portugal and Denmark. Just judging by the names it's a difficult group, but I am glad having avoided Group C with Spain, Italy and Croatia. I think we have interesting opponents whose playing stile should suite ours. Can't wait for our opening match against Portugal :-D

redfan wrote:Today was the drawing for the EURO 2012, and Germany was paired with Netherlands, Portugal and Denmark. Just judging by the names it's a difficult group, but I am glad having avoided Group C with Spain, Italy and Croatia. I think we have interesting opponents whose playing stile should suite ours. Can't wait for our opening match against Portugal :-D
That's a tough group indeed, but they should be some good games. We got drawn with Sweden, Ukraine and France - France will probably be the trickiest match but I'm not too worried about the other two.

Dream-Xtractor wrote: France will probably be the trickiest match but I'm not too worried about the other two.
I'd say Ukraine as a host country should not be underestimated. France would maybe be the easier match. But indeed you got the group out of the existing four I would have liked to get, although I wished for Poland, Portugal and Denmark before the drawing began and got two of them :lol:

Real Madrid v Barcelona TODAY.

3-1 Madrid.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Real Madrid v Barcelona TODAY.

3-1 Madrid.
YEAHHH!!! hoping for a top notch game full of goals and violence. but I think Barcelona will win even though I'd rather want Real to win.

Real in the lead after just 30 seconds!!

Pretty decent game so far, end to end.