The Men's Fashion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer 2011 8-)

I LOVED what Tom did at YSL and Gucci. But when he left and started his own label I have found each season that the clothes he makes are very 80's inspired, non-practical and simply not my taste.

I love each one of Michael Bastian;s collections. They are simple, classic american, and most importantly rooted in style not fashion so men will have his label in there rotation as timeless staples.

Also I recently bought an Alexander Wang ruffled o-neck tshirt. I recommend everyone get it
Why you lurking my page brah?

Vader182 wrote:Given my profound lack of funds, I stick to Zara, UO (but not much, all hipster indie garbage now), Express (shirts), and various brands at Nordstrom, Macy's, etc. Ssense.com when they have a sale, diesel/G-Star I'm big on.

My general attire leans on dark skinny's/fitted more formal jeans, shirts and a sweater vest/vest/tie, leather jackets. Nothing skin tight but still quite snug overall.

I'm a big fan of winkle picker boots, got myself a pair when I was in Belfast, Ireland visiting family.

-Vader
If your on a budget H&M and the Gap are good spots. When Patrick Robinson took over as creative director at the Gap I seen a change for the better

Dodd wrote:I LOVED what Tom did at YSL and Gucci. But when he left and started his own label I have found each season that the clothes he makes are very 80's inspired, non-practical and simply not my taste.

I love each one of Michael Bastian;s collections. They are simple, classic american, and most importantly rooted in style not fashion so men will have his label in there rotation as timeless staples.

Also I recently bought an Alexander Wang ruffled o-neck tshirt. I recommend everyone get it
I never knew that you were such a fashionista Dodd! But it's cool to see men take an interest in how they and actually care about what they wear.

Dodd wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Given my profound lack of funds, I stick to Zara, UO (but not much, all hipster indie garbage now), Express (shirts), and various brands at Nordstrom, Macy's, etc. Ssense.com when they have a sale, diesel/G-Star I'm big on.

My general attire leans on dark skinny's/fitted more formal jeans, shirts and a sweater vest/vest/tie, leather jackets. Nothing skin tight but still quite snug overall.

I'm a big fan of winkle picker boots, got myself a pair when I was in Belfast, Ireland visiting family.

-Vader
If your on a budget H&M and the Gap are good spots. When Patrick Robinson took over as creative director at the Gap I seen a change for the better
I've not been to Gap but H&M I frequent but typically find their stuff too bland for my liking. Just bought a new vest from them actually.

I usually wait until end of season/year sales then go nuts.

-Vader

akv1984 wrote:
Dodd wrote:I LOVED what Tom did at YSL and Gucci. But when he left and started his own label I have found each season that the clothes he makes are very 80's inspired, non-practical and simply not my taste.

I never knew that you were such a fashionista Dodd! But it's cool to see men take an interest in how they and actually care about what they wear.
LOL yeah once I started giving a damn about style and my personal appearance women really started taking notice ;) :thumbup:

/thread

I'd love another pair.

-Vader