Your most anticipated album(s) of 2011

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
2011 is shaping up to be a sweet year for my favorite artist. So I thought this thread will help us share our thoughts of albums we are looking forward to.

I can wait for:

Arctic Monkeys - Suck it and see (June 6th)

Miles Kane - Colour of the Trap (May 9th)

Calvin Harris new album which comes out in October if I am not mistaken

And earlier this year The Wombats and Broken Bells released new albums :thumbup: its a pretty sweet year if your an indie rock fan. Oh yeah and Radiohead's new album was killer as well.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Wow, the overwhelming abundance of responses here is intimidating.

Well, I'll list all of my anticipated for the year, even if they're already out.

The King of Limbs- Radiohead

No Devolucion- Thursday (amazing record)

Thrice's so far untitled new album

Blink's so far untitled new album

Bright Black Heaven- Blaqkaudio

How to Destroy Angels' so far untitled new album

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo OST

People and Things- Jack's Mannaquin

LOVE Pt. II - Angels and Airwaves

I think that about wraps it up. This has been an amazing year for music. Every single one of my favorite bands that are still together are releasing music either as their main record or as a side project, or whatever, so it's all very exciting. Lot of tours too.

This may not have been said but I like music nearly as much as I love film, both are huge passions for me and I don't know how I would have gotten to where I am today as a person without both. They're absolutely wonderful mediums, and mean the world to me.er

-Vader

Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes (only a few more days!)

Goblin - Tyler, The Creator

SMiLE - The Beach Boys (finally being released after like, forty years of bootlegs)

Oh yeah and the Strokes new album was good as well.
Why you lurking my page brah?

solo2001 wrote:Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes (only a few more days!)
:twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:
I already have it, it's amazing. Make sure you listen to it from beginning to end in one sitting.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Fleet Foxes has a new album coming out? Sweeeet.

chee wrote:Fleet Foxes has a new album coming out? Sweeeet.
It's the best album I've ever listened to. :ugeek:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Well, while it isn't the only style of music I listen to, I do love metal...especially extreme metal. One of my favorite bands, Decapitated is recording an album and releasing it this year (first since their drummer died). There's a cool post-metal band called Tombs coming out with a new album...There's another post-black metal band called Altars of plagues that is coming out with a new one called Mammal. Times of Grace released their debut this year (2 guys from Killswitch engage) and that was definitely the most anticipated for me ... and it's the best album so far for me this year. I have yet to hear the new Radiohead...I'm not huge on newer Radiohead even though I thought In Rainbows was alright. I'm looking for Tool or A Perfect Circle to come out with another one aside from all the other extreme metal I'm waiting to hear this year.

SantomTheWhite wrote:Well, while it isn't the only style of music I listen to, I do love metal...especially extreme metal. One of my favorite bands, Decapitated is recording an album and releasing it this year (first since their drummer died). There's a cool post-metal band called Tombs coming out with a new album...There's another post-black metal band called Altars of plagues that is coming out with a new one called Mammal. Times of Grace released their debut this year (2 guys from Killswitch engage) and that was definitely the most anticipated for me ... and it's the best album so far for me this year. I have yet to hear the new Radiohead...I'm not huge on newer Radiohead even though I thought In Rainbows was alright. I'm looking for Tool or A Perfect Circle to come out with another one aside from all the other extreme metal I'm waiting to hear this year.
Man, I wish APC would get back together. Damn Maynard.

-Vader

Cilogy wrote:
chee wrote:Fleet Foxes has a new album coming out? Sweeeet.
It's the best album I've ever listened to. :ugeek:
By what legitimate means did you acquire the album before it's release date? :modesty:

Also, Black Beauty - Love (sorta same deal as SMiLE, been kicking around unreleased since the seventies)