FIFA 2018 World Cup | Russia

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Thibaut Courtois: “France have played anti-football( :roll: ). I have not yet experienced that a striker plays so far from goal. It’s their right to play like that... but it’s not nice to see.

Eden Hazard: “I prefer to lose with this Belgium than win with that France.”

Coming from two players who play their club football for the defensive minded Chelsea.*Cough* hypocrites.

Also hypocritical due to the fact how France set up,rightly in combating Belgium's strengths, was evidently similar with regards to how Belgium themselves set up in the previous round against Brazil.

Had France had a more capable forward other than Giroud ,and had Griezmann not have one of his poorest offensive performances in the Tournament,I think they would've had even more joy against Belgium on the counter.

Mbappe ,minor the criticism levelled at him for time-wasting (Belgium themselves would've done similar too if they were in that position,and as would 99% of football teams) at the end and occasionally showboating, had another terrific display for someone so young.

Still,overall,I enjoyed the game.It was engrossing.Minor Belgium's few bitter individuals I thought they had a good Tournament but they played right into France's hands last night and they dont like it,understandably but alittle more respect for your opposition wouldn't go amiss.

So, fair play France and Deschamps. :thumbup:
Croatia or England await.
What a enjoyable WC this has been.

Thedarknight628 wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 3:58 am
Goodbye Belgium :wave:
prowlercomesaround wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 2:52 am

Not really. Ball possession was like 60-40 in favour of Belgium.
I'm sorry, but ball possession didn't mean anything when it came to this game lol look at how good ball possession was for Spain against Russia and they still went home.
prowlercomesaround wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 2:52 am

Belgium played more offensive, creative and entertaining football.

France’s strength is defending and counterattacking with Mbappé, who I btw hope breaks a leg in the finals. What an asshole.
Lmao if this isn't the definition of a sore loser idk what is :lol: it's ok though maybe you guys can get 3rd place :twothumbsup:
I don't really understand what you're implying here, but I'm not Belgian.. I'm just fond of their team and how they play. I wanted them in the finals. Not the meh France. At least now I don't care who wins tonight (okay maybe England) as long as they win against the fucking frogs in the finals.

I hope Croatia wins

Nomis wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 8:06 am
I hope Croatia wins

They just might if England aren't careful.

I feel like the undisputed star of this world cup hasn't been Ronaldo or Messi or VAR, it's been underestimation.

Like there's no reason to think Croatia won't just win it all.

I don't know how I'll survive tonight. Way too nervous. The whole nation is. But I believe the team will give their all and let the best one win!

shirtless pics of Modric are probably selling like hotcakes right?

i can't not think of robert carlyle when he's on the screen

Employing derogatory terms about people of other races or nationalities will not be tolerated. That one comment better be the last of them.£

Master Virgo wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 11:07 am
Employing derogatory terms about people of other races or nationalities will not be tolerated. That one comment better be the last of them.£
What terms? Calling French people ‘frogs’? I agree it’s really stupid and obviously derogatory, but did you say anything to Cilogy when he literally called Germans Krauts a few pages back?

guys we’re in 2018, not 1918, there’s no need to pretend to be cool by using outdated and dumb terms to show your bias