Photography...

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
I'm also not professional photographer, whichever camera I buy would be my first so I honestly don't know what to look for in reviews.

And Nikon 1 J5 is cheaper by 300+ USD. Which is a lot.

hmmm interesting

i'm getting some sale prices for the Canon here in the states which puts it with 50 dollars of the Nikon which i'm finding for a base 499 price point

but if you're not getting those, 300 is a pretty large difference...

Pratham wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:
Pratham wrote:How's Nikon 1 J5 if I want something like DSLR but not as big and heavy.
if your primary interest is stills, both Sony and Canon make similar mirrorless models in that price range which cost around 50 U.S. dollars more, but both of them have slightly better sensors than that Nikon

check out the Canon M3 and the Sony a5100

it'll really come down to personal preference - another heads up: as best i can tell none of those have a viewfinder option, it's digital screen or bust
Thanks.

I see 3 options on Amazon:
Sony Alpha A6000L
Sony Alpha A5100L
Canon EOS M3

Which one would you prefer?
you've narrowed it down, but basically just answer how much are you willing to pay, what do you value in a camera and what are you going to use it for?

if one of those stands out great, but if not they're probably all fine. i bought an entry level dslr that came with a kit lens and that lasted me years, i wouldnt have even upgraded if i didnt start focusing more on video (my new camera actually takes worse pictures lol)

@rifa once you know the absolute basics of exposure you're fine. people that fetishize gear are boring and at a novice level it literally makes no difference

if you do have an interest in the tech side, i basically learned by watching digital rev videos until i understood what they were talking about (prince endorses this too)

Got a credit card for EMIs and look what we have here

Been fiddling around with Sony's RAW editor after clicking bunch of photos. Still haven't got time to poke around, look up and understand camera itself.

Also pets are best subjects and I can't human.

Powerful image

@cilly yes
@pratham nice! and keep posting your stuff
@dodd dope

Thanks for posting Dodd. Beautiful photograph.

I went on a minimalistic walk last week (holding my... iPhone6, don't judge, it's still a moment or two captured):

On iPhone? That's really impressive. :thumbup:

Some pictures I took in last week on manual mode but forgot to shoot in RAW. :facepalm:
Tried to 'develop' via Rawtherapee.

And here's a pic which I clicked from my balcony.