Shyamalan KnockOut! (Round 3)

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Following

Cilogy wrote:Memento
Delete your account.

Insomnia

Insomnia

Following

Insomnia

I think the sensible thing to do is to just skip Round 2 and eliminate both of these films.£

I think Insomnia has one of the biggest disparities between critics and audience reaction in any director's filmography (that I can think of). Personally I side with the critics and Inception, TDK and Memento are the only Nolan movies I'd rank above Insomnia.

Insomnia is a piece of gold. One of very few cases that critics got it right and film fans didn't.£

it’s an excellent piece and fits rather comfortably in Nolan’s filmography, thematically speaking

but when the most interesting thing about it is that it pulls a switcheroo on who the audience expects its main actors to portray, i think it tends to get lost in the weeds among a group of films where the rest of them (including Following) are either playing with the constructs of time, cutting between narratives with heartpounding, visceral momentum, or simply have a massive scale not seen in 99% of the 21st century’s films

if i had to pick a Nolan film to get rid of, it has to be Insomnia, as sad as that is