NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
The Taxman wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 11:09 pm
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:44 pm
Embiid is an idiot. Hasn't done shit in his career and yet acts like he's God's gift to basketball.
Joel Embiid is in fact God's gift to basketball.

I will never understand ppl who don't like Embiid's trash talk. He's one of the most fun, unique personalities in the sport and it feels like fans just want him to be another boring super star who never says anything interesting.
yah i wish this site had a like button

Long overdue for a like button. I love Embiid's fire out there. Although I'll admit if he wasn't a Sixer I'd probably hate him much like I hate Draymond but he's a Sixer so I love him.

bootsy wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 11:13 pm
PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 11:07 pm

Why are you so fired up lol? Blake Griffin was a top 3 big man in league in his prime before injuries, and that’s why he hasn’t lived up to them, not because of lack of skill. I even said in my first post tonight that it was the most entertaining Detroit game I’ve seen in 10 years as they’ve been god awful for a long time, I never said the Pistons are going to be great or that I even care a ton for them. We all know the Sixers aren’t getting past the Celtics anyways this year ; )

That’s why this topic is so funny, a lot of people take it too seriously. Didn’t a person I have never talked to start PMSing when I was jokingly dogging Chris Paul? Quit being so touchy lol.
Are you serious, you and that coolwhip guy are the two that went off the handle. I'm just defending Embiid from you and him calling him a clown when it was completely unwarranted. You flew off the handle not me.
Says the guy who said I have a woody for the Pistons lol. All I said was Embiid can pick the wrong time to taunt and that was one of them (and he wasn’t efficient in the fourth and OT) I even said in my other post saying it’s just something he can learn from.

Quit making it sound like I hate the guy, I like that he has personality, those kind of people are what make sports interesting. He just has to pick his fights/taunts a little better.

PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 11:23 pm

Says the guy who said I have a woody for the Pistons lol. All I said was Embiid can pick the wrong time to taunt and that was one of them (and he wasn’t efficient in the fourth and OT) I even said in my other post saying it’s just something he can learn from.

Quit making it sound like I hate the guy, I like that he has personality, those kind of people are what make sports interesting. He just has to pick his fights/taunts a little better.
Well you got a woody for something. Celebrating just like you won a championship or something. 'That Embiid's a clown, DID YOU SEE BLAKE DUNKING ALL OVER DUDES!!!!! OMG!!!!' Goodness really. Thought it was Game 7 of the Finals or something. That's what you came on here posting like. Calm down man. Instead of PowerDump how about PowerDown a little. Like I said it's October. And you did hate on the guy so I'm not making it sound like anything. You DID hate on the guy.
Last edited by bootsy on October 23rd, 2018, 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

For the record, I like Embiid as a player and think he has a unique skill set, I'm just not a fan of big mouth personalities, at least on players who haven't accomplished/won enough at the highest level.

If you're gonna talk the talk in the NBA, you have to back it up, otherwise players will eat you alive.

bootsy wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 11:26 pm
PowerDump wrote:

Well you got a woody for something. Celebrating just like you won a championship or something. Calm down man. Instead of PowerDump how about PowerDown a little. Like I said it's October. And you did hate on the guy so I'm not making it sound like anything. You DID hate on the guy.
Probably for something outside of this topic, but is it as big as yours is for Embiid? Because you’ve posted like 15 times since my first post. You’re being that guy/fan right now that turns other people away from becoming a fan of Embiid lol.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 11:29 pm
For the record, I like Embiid as a player and think he has a unique skill set, I'm just not a fan of big mouth personalities, at least on players who haven't accomplished/won enough at the highest level.

If you're gonna talk the talk in the NBA, you have to back it up, otherwise players will eat you alive.
How dare you?! Embiid farts butterflies and is perfect in every facet! He has never said anything wrong and every play he has ever done is amazing. Don’t have an opinion about the guy because he is good at basketball!!!

PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 11:34 pm
bootsy wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 11:26 pm
PowerDump wrote:

Well you got a woody for something. Celebrating just like you won a championship or something. Calm down man. Instead of PowerDump how about PowerDown a little. Like I said it's October. And you did hate on the guy so I'm not making it sound like anything. You DID hate on the guy.
Probably for something outside of this topic, but is it as big as yours is for Embiid? Because you’ve posted like 15 times since my first post. You’re being that guy/fan right now that turns other people away from becoming a fan of Embiid lol.
I don't think I've ever posted 'DID YOU SEE EMBIID (POWER)DUMP ON THEM FOOLS !!OMG!! Especially in freaking October and call someone else a clown for no reason. If I have check me in to something immediately.

If I've posted that many times, you've posted about equal the amount of times since that post.

Bootsy, you are not helping the case with Embiid, you are only making it worse. I liked Embiid more before you started talking. People like you are the reason so many people don’t like, for example, Lebron. So much of his hate comes from his fans who come up with every excuse for something that doesn’t go his way and blindly defend anything.

People can give Embiid a hard time for that game, and they can not like something he has done.

Wow you are still talking about this. There is nothing you can tell me about Embiid, the NBA, sports or anything else for that matter. I'm not trying to convince you of anything but when I see unjust Embiid slander or other kind of slander I will respond to it. Now move on man. You talk about me letting stuff go. You need to do a lot of looking in the mirror on your accusations because you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing a lot.