Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
That's... disappointing. Tejas is name of my friend of more than 15 years.

I hereby recommend Tumbbad to everyone.

Allstar wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 3:07 am
Cilogy wrote:
November 30th, 2018, 11:47 am
Did he?
http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2018/04/ ... sly-sucks/
imagine comparing screenshots from a Youtube trailer to a blu ray, and imagine thinking said blu ray is the holy grail of what the movie is supposed to look like

i saw the Nolan version, and it was great - black levels and colors were excellent though they were indeed different from what most of us are used to having only seen the blu ray. it wasn’t in the best condition - there are scratches and aging spots on the print - but it was still cool to see what is probably the closest representation of what the movie originally looked like.

The person who saw this saw the Nolan version in cinema and said that’s what it looked like.

Okay so I'm like pretty sure I did not cause the toilet at this small business I went to today to overflow but like I was there when it happened and now I'm a suspect.

How much time should pass before I can go there again? It's a neat bookstore and I love going there but like yeah.

Allstar wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 10:34 pm
The person who saw this saw the Nolan version in cinema and said that’s what it looked like.
This constitutes "a ton of criticism"?

Cilogy wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 12:32 am
Allstar wrote:
/allstar 🕷

Cilogy wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 12:32 am
Allstar wrote:
That’s just one example, I’ve seen it said by others.

Okay I know dunking on Allstar is fun because he is such a ridiculous character and he's weird af but like I gotta speak up on this.

I've seen similar complaints about the restoration from randos on Reddit. IDK if a lot of well established critics had the same complaints but I guess the reddit bros saw one person complaining about this and then all of a sudden it spread and now it's landed here.