Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Artemis wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 1:24 pm
Don't get me wrong, I do like my life a lot right now but I wish it was more...exciting? I think I just have a lot of downtime since work is kind of slow so I keep thinking, "what's the point of all this? why do I exist?"
I guess for me the answer to that question is quite simple and unoriginal: "love". I used to be on the verge of seriously terrible thoughts before I met my wife. But if there are people around you, I suppose it doesn't have to be a romantic partner, that love you and you love them, everything is worth living then.

LelekPL wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 2:14 pm
Artemis wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 1:24 pm
Don't get me wrong, I do like my life a lot right now but I wish it was more...exciting? I think I just have a lot of downtime since work is kind of slow so I keep thinking, "what's the point of all this? why do I exist?"
I guess for me the answer to that question is quite simple and unoriginal: "love". I used to be on the verge of seriously terrible thoughts before I met my wife. But if there are people around you, I suppose it doesn't have to be a romantic partner, that love you and you love them, everything is worth living then.
i know for a fact that when I meet up with friends or with my bf, these thoughts do go away for sure and are not on my mind as much. I think I just wish I never had them.

You can wish that. But everyone experiences such thoughts in their downtime. Well as long as they're not scrolling through their phones I guess.

And it's not my place to suggest cause I've never done it, but try meditation maybe? It's supposed to help you control such thoughts.

I think it's about time I've started meditating. It's been suggested before by a friend but I never followed through.

It's probably the best way to deal with this and other things as well.

No NF award thread this year MV?

Isn't it a bit early for that? Last I remember the previous one ended somewhere in March 2018.

Ended, yeah. But it started way earlier didn't it?

Oh...that.£

So hopefully my mini existential crisis will go away soon. I have stuff planned to do this weekend, meeting up with a college friend of mine on Sunday, have some stuff I'm looking forward to next month.

Basically just trying to keep myself busy so that those existential thoughts can be kept at bay. Will also look up meditation techniques.

The weekend was hella fun and now I have stuff to look forward to next month as well.