Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
I sure do hope so. I'm just afraid I'll go see this in IMAX opening night surrounded by 13-14 year old girls squealing.

Who gives a shit though. All of this whining a full year before the premiere sounds kinda ridiculous, like do you guys really feel so threatened by fangirls, most of whom I'm pretty sure are harmless and will keep their manners in check (or at least try lol)? Sure there might be some squealing at a screening or two, but I'm getting the feeling people are mostly overexaggerating, it's not the end of the world honestly. If anything, Dumpkirk's section right now seems pretty calm, with Styles' fans (I assume) spilling some nice info. It's definitely not the clusterfuck Interstellar was.

Anyway, I'm oddly excited for Styles lol, can't wait for him kill it. It'll be hilarious.

Girl, the fangirls were crazy close to the set. They're going to get crazy af when the film comes out. It's not surprising to already be annoyed by screaming fangirls when you see the film for the first time. Looks like it bothers Bacon more than me but I won't say it doesn't bother me. Harry is a nice and normal guy and often the girls didn't even recognized him when he walked on set lol

Nomis wrote:Girl, the fangirls were crazy close to the set. They're going to get crazy af when the film comes out. It's not surprising to already be annoyed by squeezing fangirls when you see the film for the first time. Looks like it bothers Bacon more than me but I won't say it doesn't bother me. Harry is a nice guy and often the girls didn't even recognized him when he walked on set lol
Idk if I suddenly just got old and decided to give less shit about everything lol, but I'm sure heads won't roll during the premieres. If they will, lol it'll be kinda entertaining on its own, ain't it? I mean, I get the annoyance tbh, it's not like I have no clue of how nuts fandoms and fans can be (i still remember the times I watched STID and almost wanted to smack people). But I just get some sense of entitlement as in "oh god I hope I won't get my time wasted, my feelings hurt and my movie ruined by these creatures!!1!!11!". Besides people were annoyed for this reason millions of times before. Like, if you wanna be annoyed - go on, save your energy for the premiere

Yeah you're so grown up now, telling people what to do :P

Nah, idk, we just have to wait and see how intense they'll be next year. I'm not gonna bother myself with it, but the possibility of them being too annoying is certainly there.

I'm not actually souring my hype because of it. I'm just saying my concerns are not related to Styles himself. If he got cast, he will most likely bring it.

Or, alternatively, I was half-joking but mostly expressing my immediate reaction towards a piece of news that is supposedly completely normal from a perspective of a crazed H.S. fan - meaning it's not the role that's important here, it's the lack of curls. That sort of reaction I'm not immediately accustumed to. I'm sure the dude will do a fine job so calm yo tits, it's still a fascinating piece of casting, clash of two worlds so to speak.

Nomis wrote:Yeah you're so grown up now, telling people what to do :P

Nah, idk, we just have to wait and see how intense they'll be next year. I'm not gonna bother myself with it, but the possibility of them being too annoying is certainly there.
Sure. A year later there's a chance I'll be calling for a prayer circle here, but honestly what can we do lol. I'm more interested in the film itself anyway, whatever's gonna happen doesn't really bother me at the moment, no matter how ridiculous it might be haha

edit:anyway, we should totally have a roleplay dudkirk thread

Well, it's certainly frustrating when it's impossible to navigate the #Dunkirk hashtag on social media for any news....not to mention the occasionally (well, 50% of the time) obnoxious way these sorts of fandoms tend to behave online.

Nolan movies for the first time are magical. I remember where I was seated watching it all unfold ever since Begins.