Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
the_red_ninja wrote: What did you do? Did anyone die?
Oh no no no, it's nothing like that lol. It's just that i have my driving test in less than 2 weeks and i have a bad habit of not doing those things that were mentioned in my previous post.

I couldn't go to the acting class Saturday because of car trouble. So I'm going to the makeup class today. Thanks for all the support on the stuttering issue you guys! And I'll make sure to check out more of Scatman John darthnazgul! Pretty awesome that he overcame his stutter the way he did!

Why does parking have to be so hard, especially angled parking!

My acting class was amazing! The instructor was really impressed with us and she said we were really good for beginners. It was just 4 of us girls and they liked my makeup! The best praise I got was when the instructor said that my scene partner and I really nailed the adaptation part of the Stanislavski method and she said we bounced off each other so well. We did a comedy scene and apparently I'm really good with comedy! So today was a super good day.

As an American and Anglophile, this video and the reactions therein, fascinates me.

So I got this cheap 50 dollar Crosley Cruiser 3 Speed Turntable for my birthday with 2 of my favorite albums on vinyl. Everyone online says to avoid these because the sound is crap, the force ruins vinyls, etc.

Is it really that bad? Like, I'm not about to blow 200 dollars on something I'd probably use to play 2 or 3 albums in my room at the max for the moment. Or is that just the audiophiles freaking out at me for choosing a cheap, not good quality record player? I don't want to permanently or significantly damage any of my records, but idk if using them on this record player would actually be that bad nor how fast it would take to do damage.

a good record player wouldn't even have speakers so you'd have to spend even more on those...

honestly, it will damage the records over time, but not enough that would significantly change the sound assuming you're not listening 24/7

Michaelf2225 wrote:a good record player wouldn't even have speakers so you'd have to spend even more on those...

honestly, it will damage the records over time, but not enough that would significantly change the sound assuming you're not listening 24/7
Yeah, exactly. That's why I'm so cautious about getting one. I don't have that kind of money but the novelty is nice. I just don't want to ruin some nice vinyls I got as a gift. I want them to be able to last (my family still has vinyls that my great grandfather owned).