Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
TotalBiscuit passed away today, which was expected, but still a major loss. One of the first YouTubers and internet personalities I started following. :(

R.I.P. :cry:

One of the youtubers I've been watching the longest, his 'WTF is' series used to be my go-to research material before buying a new game.

Cilogy wrote:
May 24th, 2018, 11:04 pm
TotalBiscuit passed away today, which was expected, but still a major loss. One of the first YouTubers and internet personalities I started following. :(
For me aswell. I loved watching his World of Warcraft videos back in the old and golden WoW days. RIP & Fuck cancer.

I need this

mint lemonade😍

i’m reupholstering/replacing the headliner in my car and it has turned into a monumental task

it’s not exceedingly difficult but it’s time consuming af

Got a 10 day trial pair for contacts. Used two pairs today. One pair just did not go in and my eyes just kept on watering.

Second time the contact for the right eye went in flawlessly but the left contact just kept fucking up and wouldn't latch onto my eyeball.

But tomorrow....tomorrow I will be successful!

The receptionist at the eye doctor said that I got the hang of putting contacts in real quick. Some patients she worked with took about an hour and a half. I only took like 10 minutes.

Artemis wrote:
May 29th, 2018, 4:38 pm
Got a 10 day trial pair for contacts. Used two pairs today. One pair just did not go in and my eyes just kept on watering.

Second time the contact for the right eye went in flawlessly but the left contact just kept fucking up and wouldn't latch onto my eyeball.

The receptionist at the eye doctor said that I got the hang of putting contacts in real quick. Some patients she worked with took about an hour and a half. I only took like 10 minutes.
As an occasional contacts wearer (really neeeeed to get new glasses made cuz my old ones are ugly haha), the actual contacts themselves (the brand, for example) REALLY made a huge difference for me. When I first tried out, I got the hang of it super fast (less than like 5 mins), but would occasionally struggle taking them out. Then several months later I switched brands, and holy fuck they were terrible. Sometimes I’d just fucking ruin several lenses in one go because I just couldn’t put them in, they’d fall right off my eyeball. I’ve since gotten more used to them, but yeah. They still kinda suck. The Acuvue ones are quite nice.

I just don’t want to grow too accustomed to wearing contacts all the time because of the continuous pressure you put on your lids and undereyes, it can lead to premature wrinkling, especially if you can’t put them in perfectly in one go.

Ruth wrote:
May 29th, 2018, 4:50 pm
Artemis wrote:
May 29th, 2018, 4:38 pm

As an occasional contacts wearer (really neeeeed to get new glasses made cuz my old ones are ugly haha), the actual contacts themselves (the brand, for example) REALLY made a huge difference for me. When I first tried out, I got the hang of it super fast (less than like 5 mins), but would occasionally struggle taking them out. Then several months later I switched brands, and holy fuck they were terrible. Sometimes I’d just fucking ruin several lenses in one go because I just couldn’t put them in, they’d fall right off my eyeball. I’ve since gotten more used to them, but yeah. They still kinda suck. The Acuvue ones are quite nice.

I just don’t want to grow too accustomed to wearing contacts all the time because of the continuous pressure you put on your lids and undereyes, it can lead to premature wrinkling, especially if you can’t put them in perfectly in one go.
I have a follow up appointment next week so if I keep having problems I'll ask about the brand.

I'll probably only wear contacts when I go outside. I work from home at the moment so I don't get out too much. But I also want to get way prettier glasses too. My current pair makes me look like such a nerd.

Going on my first holiday next week that I fully paid with my crypto gains (only took a small amount from my portfolio) that I made over the past 4-5 months.