Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
m4st4 wrote:
May 9th, 2018, 4:30 pm
Same, but I feel like that’s because in college I actually liked 80% of the classes I was taking, last two years really got me interested in the subject, whereas the beginning was self-examination and doubt. Only now I feel like it was all worth it.
that certainly helps but tbh I think the course material should be a lot more challenging in general. My best professors were the ones who pushed each student relative to their own skill level rather than an average skill level of that class.

IE, My social psych thesis was one of the best in the class and the professor only gave me a B on it. Students with worse projects got As, but he knew I could do better. One of my all time best mentors. He handed me my ass every paper /project I turned in.

-Vader

I totally agree, my history teacher (who is now accidentally my colleague) was exactly like that, if you manage to get a B-/B in his class it’s an A+ in most other classes. I still have massive respect for him today but will never forget the day when he dismissed all of my answers to the ultimate question: What is the best Vietnam movie? I said: Full Metal Jacket. Nope. Apocalypse Now? Nah. Well, surely Platoon then? ...Deer Hunter, he said. Haunts me to this day, but at least I watched the movie because of him.

Best approach, regardless of the class, is definitely individual approach, if possible. Realizing the potential and mining it so to speak in oportune moments throughout the process.

So in the last week I booked a trip to New York for my birthday. I'll be seeing Armie Hammers Broadway show!!!

Forum Pro
Law
Artemis wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 7:12 pm
So in the last week I booked a trip to New York for my birthday. I'll be seeing Armie Hammers Broadway show!!!
and me

Artemis wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Do we have like a figurative member obituary of this site?

Got mildly nostalgic and wonder how much of the original people ain't here anymore

DreamPolice wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 3:03 am

Got mildly nostalgic and wonder how much of the original people ain't here anymore
I've been here for awhile, but honestly, if I went off the grid, no one would blink an eye.

Aaaanywho, a member obituary should be a thing.

Numbers wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 4:09 am
if I went off the grid, no one would blink an eye.
no

i'd blink both

Numbers wrote:
DreamPolice wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 3:03 am

I've been here for awhile, but honestly, if I went off the grid, no one would blink an eye.

Aaaanywho, a member obituary should be a thing.
That's a tad upsetting that you don't consider me among your forum friends.£

Master Virgo wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 6:05 am
That's a tad upsetting that you don't consider me among your forum friends.£

Pratham wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 5:31 am
Numbers wrote:
if I went off the grid, no one would blink an eye.
no

i'd blink both
Maybe you Pratham, my one true love.