NolanFans Diary Dawn of Collecting

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
WAIT WAIT WAIT
TIM BURTON DIRECTED AN ADAPTATION OF SLEEPY HOLLOW?!
HOW THE FUCK HAVE I NEVER KNOWN THIS UNTIL NOW

SilverHeart wrote:WAIT WAIT WAIT
TIM BURTON DIRECTED AN ADAPTATION OF SLEEPY HOLLOW?!
HOW THE FUCK HAVE I NEVER KNOWN THIS UNTIL NOW

Speaking passionately and intricately about something you love or have an intense interest in with people who are not like minded in that same area is the most frustrating feeling. I might as well talk to a wall instead. Or just hide my interests from other people so I don't feel so socially stupid because I hate small talk and would rather have meaningful discussions about things I dig.

Forum Pro
Law
ChristNolan wrote:Speaking passionately and intricately about something you love or have an intense interest in with people who are not like minded in that same area is the most frustrating feeling. I might as well talk to a wall instead. Or just hide my interests from other people so I don't feel so socially stupid because I hate small talk and would rather have meaningful discussions about things I dig.
Talk to me bb

ChristNolan wrote:Speaking passionately and intricately about something you love or have an intense interest in with people who are not like minded in that same area is the most frustrating feeling. I might as well talk to a wall instead. Or just hide my interests from other people so I don't feel so socially stupid because I hate small talk and would rather have meaningful discussions about things I dig.
I can relate. I interact with the same group of folks on a day-to-day basis and unless it has to do with our field, anything I'm truly passionate about falls on deaf ears.

It's like a form of social torture in a way.

Dodd wrote:Image
I'm not sure I want to know.

Cilogy wrote:
I can relate. I interact with the same group of folks on a day-to-day basis and unless it has to do with our field, anything I'm truly passionate about falls on deaf ears.

And this is why we come to NF.

Pratham wrote:
Cilogy wrote:

And this is why we come to NF.
true

I'm pretty fucking pathetic.

I've come to the depressing realization that I hate the degree I've been working towards the last 4 years and will be graduating in May probably jobless. I got into this program letting me get my Masters degree at the same time I get my Bachelors but I've also found this semester that I hate the shit. I've pretty much just been floating through life the last 3 years working at it without taking the time to assess the question of whether or not I even enjoy what I'm doing.

EDIT: To clarify I'm not complaining about my position as much as I just don't like the idea of doing something I hate.