NolanFans' Collective Diary: Live Free or Collect Hard

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Dodd wrote:
Bacon wrote: You guys were anticipating Django Unchained and Looper about as much. :wtf:
And I can anticipate what I want.
nobody is saying you can anticipate and promote what you enjoy, just don't make posts in a variety of threads contently mentioning Daft Punk. I like them as much as the next guy but 1 or 2 mentions a day would be fine, you need to recognize that going out of your way always bring them up is a good way to annoy people. When Arctic Monkeys are about to drop a new album or if Cooper has a new movie coming up I will drop a few post to gain a feel for what other members thoughts are towards the projects and move along if things are not picking up.

You've dropped tons of posts not really promoting discussion, just posts reminding everyone that the album is dropping soon, everyone knows. No one is saying you can't make posts relating to things you like, just do it on smaller scale that will actually promote some discussion.

Dodd wrote:
Bacon wrote: You guys were anticipating Django Unchained and Looper about as much. :wtf:
nobody is saying you can anticipate and promote what you enjoy, just don't make posts in a variety of threads contently mentioning Daft Punk. I like them as much as the next guy but 1 or 2 mentions a day would be fine, you need to recognize that going out of your way always bring them up is a good way to annoy people. When Arctic Monkeys are about to drop a new album or if Cooper has a new movie coming up I will drop a few post to gain a feel for what other members thoughts are towards the projects and move along if things are not picking up.

You've dropped tons of posts not really promoting discussion, just posts reminding everyone that the album is dropping soon, everyone knows. No one is saying you can't make posts relating to things you like, just do it on smaller scale that will actually promote some discussion.
Dodd rises.

I want to grapple with Cat Zangano

I'm thinking of taking an indefinite leave from the forums, mainly because I feel that I spend too much time swimming around here.

DreamPolice wrote:I'm thinking of taking an indefinite leave from the forums, mainly because I feel that I spend too much time swimming around here.
déjà vu
Sigs???

DreamPolice wrote:I'm thinking of taking an indefinite leave from the forums, mainly because I feel that I spend too much time swimming around here.
if you're posting about leaving you're not going to leave.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
déjà vu
Not exactly. The other times I said I was outright not coming back (obviously proven false) but this time I'm saying that I think I'll just take a break and whether it is permanent or not is yet to be seen.

DreamPolice wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote: déjà vu
Not exactly. The other times I said I was outright not coming back (obviously proven false) but this time I'm saying that I think I'll just take a break and whether it is permanent or not is yet to be seen.
Um, no. You don't have my permission to leave. Sorry :twisted:
Why you lurking my page brah?

Cilogy wrote:I really hope Bacon doesn't ruin Daft Punk the way Mason ruined The Rolling Stones for me.
I've been thinking about that a lot and I've realised that it was pretty obvious from the way in which he talked about the Rolling Stones that he was a 15 year old Black Ops fanboy who heard Gimme Shelter and decided he was a lifelong fan. I mean, he couldn't distinguish between the Rolling Stones and the Manchester music scene of the 80s/90s, and clearly didn't have that much interest in any other rock artists from around that time except for the Stones.
BlairCo wrote:
Dodd wrote:

Dodd rises.
And just sayin, there's a new Primal Scream album coming out too but no one has given that any hype whatsoever.

Dodd wrote:

Dodd rises.