NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Bacon wrote:Is it bad that I hardly care? I believe a man should be able to provide for his partner and should show that he's able to take initiative. And to be honest, I don't think it's a problem for me to believe that regardless of whether it's considered to be "sexist" due to the fact that I'm assigning a role to a position in a relationship.
Well care not all you want, but I'm sorry to say that it's not how you'll get girls

I like women who are assertive, confident, and can readily kick my ass. So I married one. The opposite is just boring to me.

Durden wrote:Nothing is worse than a female who just gets everything handed to her. I like a women who is independent and doesn't rely on others all the time.
:clap:

Durden wrote:Nothing is worse than a female who just gets everything handed to her. I like a women who is independent and doesn't rely on others all the time.
Not necessarily what I meant. I'm just saying that when it comes to basic necessities of life, a man needs to be willing to be the one to step up and do what needs to be done. My stay-at-home mom isn't a horrible person because she doesn't work while my dad does. My mother's still independent and works hard to keep everything in check. I'm not saying you give the woman everything on a silver platter, I'm saying that you show that you're willing to provide for her.

Bacon wrote:
Not necessarily what I meant. I'm just saying that when it comes to basic necessities of life, a man needs to be willing to be the one to step up and do what needs to be done. My stay-at-home mom isn't a horrible person because she doesn't work while my dad does. My mother's still independent and works hard to keep everything in check. I'm not saying you give the woman everything on a silver platter, I'm saying that you show that you're willing to provide for her.
Whether a woman works or not shouldn't be decided by gender roles and such.

It's fine for women to stay at home and look after the kids and stuff, but she shouldn't have to because it's the man's job to take care of things or whatever.

The Taxman wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Whether a woman works or not shouldn't be decided by gender roles and such.

It's fine for women to stay at home and look after the kids and stuff, but she shouldn't have to because it's the man's job to take care of things or whatever.
Exactly. If she wants to work, it's fine. I just feel like a woman should have the option to stay home if she wishes and let the man provide for her.

What is going on in this thread. Oh wait, I know.

Bacon wrote:I just feel like a woman should have the option to stay home if she wishes and let the man provide for her.
But they do. In fact, everyone does.

darthnazgul wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I feel like not enough attention is applied to just going for things. Instead, a lot of people (guys especially, I think) wait for the perfect moment.

Like, this girl I had coffee with yesterday. We had a great convo about some deep shit, and when I dropped her off by her car, I just went for a kiss, and it was great. I didn't think about it too much; I just did it. It was in the fucking rain too, which is something I've always wanted to do.

So, yeah, all I can do is show you the door and you need to walk through, and all that bullshit.

But seriously ... just do it.

-Cilogy
Coming from a cynical bastard like you, this says a lot.
Whoo, Cil! :-D