NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Artemis wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 7:13 pm
These past two weeks I've missed him so much. I shouldn't have but I did. Despite how much I miss him, I did not text him at all and I didn't unblock him either. So I'm proud of myself for that.
Keep that up. It's gonna hurt but that pride will feel so much better the longer you stay out of a toxic relationship. Looking back knowing you overcame it will be worth it. :thumbup:

So life update: I fell in love. I got new job in Thailand. Leaving him was probably the hardest thing I have ever done. So now I am in a foreign place and in a long distance relationship. I can tell you now that we are gonna make it. I feel it yo.

man

I wouldn't wish a long distance relationship on my worst enemy

the_red_ninja wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 5:31 am
So life update: I fell in love. I got new job in Thailand. Leaving him was probably the hardest thing I have ever done. So now I am in a foreign place and in a long distance relationship. I can tell you now that we are gonna make it. I feel it yo.
Where u at in Thailand? I'm going back next month for 3 weeks.

Cilogy wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 12:18 pm
man

I wouldn't wish a long distance relationship on my worst enemy
meh, i totally would

that, plus breakup over text after 10 months of that bullshit

Sysmatic wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 12:21 pm
the_red_ninja wrote:
I will be in Namphong district, Khonkaen province.

the_red_ninja wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 6:43 pm
Sysmatic wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 12:21 pm
the_red_ninja wrote:
I will be in Namphong district, Khonkaen province.
Bummer! Don't think I'll be quite in the neighbourhood, else we could've met up.

Going to Ubon Ratchatani for a few days to visit family, Pattaya & Phuket afterwards.

How long are you staying in Thailand?

Me: What would you like to drink, cappuccino?

Her: You're buying me a coffee? That's so nice of you. Sure, cappuccino it is, sir.

Me: Don't call me sir, Jesus. It makes me feel old. How old are you anyways?

Her: 22-23? I'm calling you sir out of respect.

Me: Damn it, I'm only 30, soon to be 31. It's not that... Nevermind. Here's your coffee.

Her: Thanks! Look, I'm going outside, desperately need that smoke. Next time it's on me yes?

Me: Sure.

Scene from my workplace. She's repairing the coffee machines on a weekly basis here and I'm (apparently) old-as-fuck (?) teacher or whatever.

I've never felt older, man. I'm stuck between casually flirting with much older females and couple of years younger but it never feels just right. Not to mention I'm in that place in life when even friends who are in relationships are starting to 'hook me up', with zero subtlety. I hate it.

^dunno if that helps, but as a fellow 22 year old I’d totally use formal language and even ‘honorifics’ to address somebody I don’t know too well or someone who’s more ‘high ranking’ so to speak. Heck I sometimes do that to people my age lol. I know it’s sometimes way easier to make others feel old or conscious about themselves than we’d think, but from this convo only, I don’t think it’s that deep.

Ruth wrote:
May 13th, 2018, 3:04 pm
^dunno if that helps, but as a fellow 22 year old I’d totally use formal language and even ‘honorifics’ to address somebody I don’t know too well or someone who’s more ‘high ranking’ so to speak. Heck I sometimes do that to people my age lol. I know it’s sometimes way easier to make others feel old or conscious about themselves than we’d think, but from this convo only, I don’t think it’s that deep.
Indeed, it probably wasn't. I'm just starting to feel my age. Like, the shift is real and I have to deal with it. :shrug: