What made you laugh today?

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.

:lol:

From Westworld thread:
Vader182 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:Ruthless and manipulative. Those words can also be used to describe Ford, & folks seem to gladly go along with whatever he's spinning.
I get this show is like your life, but being a blind apologist isn't really constructive for spurring reasonable discourse. I never said anything about the human characters. And, Chris, to the contrary, your very response illuminates the issue we are discussing. If the character closest to what we might call "chief antagonist" shares the same dominant characteristics for a character close to the "chief proganist", well then uh oh! The character you're meant to root for is obviously morally blurred to the degree we can't really root for her anymore.

FYI, I don't really think of Westworld in a protagonist/antagonist context. I only label them that way for the sake of discussion and to explain why your points aren't making sense. Westworld is very clearly more about the vague threshhold between AI and human consciousness, with "heroes" and "villains" on both sides. That's also contributing to the clinical feel of the show for many people, since there's not really immediate goals or limitations that we, as an audience, can empathize with all that much.

-Vader

-Vader
Few minutes later:
Vader182 wrote: EDIT: 2 Vaders

Dodd, where can I get that sweater?

you gonna splurge $5000 on that? :P