Abortion

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
talli wrote:lol@ people who thought radical change was possible in one term. Be Realistic for a second.
First of all, it's ironic that you are the one saying this.

Second of all, I completely agree with you.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

That was pretty good
Say Girl

I was going to vote for Ron Paul because it seemed like he wasn't going to make a big deal about his anti-choice stance...now he is. And now I'm out. I'm voting for Obama.

chee wrote:I was going to vote for Ron Paul because it seemed like he wasn't going to make a big deal about his anti-choice stance...now he is. And now I'm out. I'm voting for Obama.
That's a shame, just when I was agreeing with his foreign policy, drug legalization, and small-government policies.

I'm actually quite surprised that he is anti-choice, considering his other rather liberal (or at least moderate) views.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
chee wrote:I was going to vote for Ron Paul because it seemed like he wasn't going to make a big deal about his anti-choice stance...now he is. And now I'm out. I'm voting for Obama.
That's a shame, just when I was agreeing with his foreign policy, drug legalization, and small-government policies.

I'm actually quite surprised that he is anti-choice, considering his other rather liberal (or at least moderate) views.
When he was studying to be an obstetrician he inadvertently witnessed a late-term abortion. In his words:"It was pretty dramatic for me to see a two-and-a-half-pound baby taken out crying and breathing and put in a bucket." As you could imagine, this had a pretty powerful impact on his beliefs regarding the subject matter.
I personally strongly agree with his position on the matter of abortion. In Paul's words "If you can't protect life then how can you protect liberty?"
From what I've read, he believes that the issue of abortion should be handled on the state level.

The abortion issue is one that's been absurdly baffling to me. I see absolutely no logic in any argument defending pro-choice. Purely rationalizations.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:The abortion issue is one that's been absurdly baffling to me. I see absolutely no logic in any argument defending pro-choice. Purely rationalizations.

-Vader
There's no "moral" argument for the issue. There are some powerful logical arguments for it but you can't really justify it morally.

Addicted2Movies wrote:
Vader182 wrote:The abortion issue is one that's been absurdly baffling to me. I see absolutely no logic in any argument defending pro-choice. Purely rationalizations.

-Vader
There's no "moral" argument for the issue. There are some powerful logical arguments for it but you can't really justify it morally.
I wasn't under the impression logic and morality are mutually exclusive. Morality and proper ethical action is determined by logic, in fact.

-Vader

-Vader
It's up to the woman...
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:

-Vader
It's up to the woman...
Yup. Not strange that a boy can't understand that logic.